OverviewGrand Villa Casino, Edmonton Cashier Full Time in Edmonton, AB
Grand Villa Casino, Edmonton
Branch Edmonton AB CA
A career at Gateway means great people, a great atmosphere and career advancement opportunities across our 18 locations….
Job Type: Full Time & Part Time
Who We Are
From our humble beginnings of two properties and 150 employees to 18 gaming properties with more than 3,800 employees, Gateway growth is a result of dedication to our values of RITE: Respect, Integrity, Team-Work & Exceptional Customer Service. These values align with our ultimate goal to become the premier Gaming, Entertainment and Hospitality organization in Canada.
Why Work For Us
Gateway celebrates and empowers those employees who made it all possible. A career at Gateway means great people, a great atmosphere and career advancement opportunities across our 18 locations. Our employees thrive with ongoing training and leadership programs for all while working in an engaging and fun environment. Join us today!
The possibilities of developing your skills are countless when working in the cage –heart of the casino.
As a Cashier, you will accurately verify, reconcile, and process currency and chip transactions. Our comprehensive training program empowers self motivated individuals’ to take their career to the next level to achieve both professional and personal success.
A Great Fit, if You
- Are friendly, polite, patient, courteous, and quick to provide solutions
- Are thorough and accurate especially when it comes to managing cash
- Enjoy calculating numbers and working with spreadsheets
- Enjoy working with a team, can juggle multiple tasks, and thrive in a fast paced environment
- Are a night owl, and benefit from working flexible hours, evenings, and weekends
- Counts and verifies opening and closing floats for all coin, currency, chips, and marketing items
- Exchanges foreign currency and traveler’s cheques for cash, redeems chips for cash, and exchanges large Canadian currency for smaller bills
- Counts and physically lays out cash and value chips according to established company policies and procedures
- Records transactions in Casino Management Software and verifies printed reports
What You’ll Require
- Minimum 6 months of cash handling experience
- Ability to add and multiply; balance floats/spreadsheets
- DealUs In (Phase 1) and Reel Facts VLT training available within 30 days of start
- Ability to pull, lift, and carry objects such as a cashier tray and can transport a heavy cart
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Good manual dexterity to accurately handle cash, tickets, and chips
What Is Next
Love what you see so far? For the best chance to hear from us, apply within 30 days of the posting date.
Not the right fit this time? Follow us on our careers social media pages!
Please denote on your application your preference for Full Time or Part Time.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Edmonton, AB, CA
Posted on: 2016-06-11