OverviewGrand Prairie Regional College Aboriginal Job Shadow Program Residence Supervisor Temporary in Grande Prairie, AB
Grand Prairie Regional College
Branch Grande Prairie AB CA
Aboriginal Job Shadow Program Residence Supervisor
Grande Prairie, AB
Additional responsibilities include supervision of the Residence Assistants, ensuring adequate coverage for student supervision, completion of activity plans…
The Aboriginal Student Job Shadow Program is an innovative partnership provides an opportunity for Aboriginal Youth to experience worksite conditions, develop employment skills and learn life-skills while living on-campus.
We are seeking a Residence Supervisor to be responsible for the supervision of youth aged 15 to 17 at the GPRC Residence in Grande Prairie. In conjunction with the Residence Assistants, you will assist the youth to maintain the student residence; ensure the living area is safe, sound and hygienic, and ensure residence rules are followed. You will coordinate and plan recreational and evening activities that focus on team-building, leisure, mentoring, education and having FUN.
Additional responsibilities include supervision of the Residence Assistants, ensuring adequate coverage for student supervision, completion of activity plans and weekly reports, coordinating transportation, and assisting with driving youth to work-placements and other activities (GPRC vehicles will be available).
You will be expected to be on campus/supervising youth from approximately 3:30 pm to 7:30 am, Sunday evening to Friday morning (5 days per week). Work is compensated at a rate of $250 per day.
- Related post-secondary education in social sciences, education, or recreation, and/or experience working with Aboriginal people is required.
- Experience coordinating social events, activities, coaching, and working with groups (preferably youth) is desired.
- Ability to communicate effectively demonstrating strong leadership and organizational skills is required.
- Class 5 license is required.
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Check is required.
- First-Aid/CPR is required and may be taken after hired.
If you are interested in working for GPRC as a contractor, please note that you must provide proof of WCB coverage, Liability Insurance, GST number and a company profile. Please contact Continuing Education directly at [email protected] or at 780-539-2975.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Grande Prairie, AB, CA
Posted on: 2017-04-01