Employment Type: Full Time
Posted on: 2018-04-03
Government of Saskatchewan Executive Administrative Assistant to the Chief Operating Officer Full Time in Regina, SK
Government of Saskatchewan
Branch Regina SK CA
Executive Administrative Assistant to the Chief Operating Officer
The Apprenticeship and Trade Certification Commission is responsible for designating trades for apprenticeship training and certification, registering…
Executive Administrative Assistant to the Chief Operating Officer – ADM014391
Employment Type: Permanent Full-time
: SK-Regina and Area-Regina
: 510 Apprenticeship and Trade Cert Commission
Salary Range: $3,527 – $4,586 Monthly
Salary Supplement: None
The Apprenticeship and Trade Certification Commission is seeking an Executive Administrator to the Chief Operating Officer (COO) responsible for planning, coordinating and managing administration activities for the COO while exercising considerable judgement, direction and interpretation of problems and requests.
As the Executive Administrator, you will:
- Coordinate effective issue management ensuring the proper flow of information to the COO incorporating sound judgement regarding sensitive, urgent and confidential issues.
- Prepare and coordinate a variety of confidential material including letters, memos, meeting notes, speeches, reports and meeting minutes.
- Proofread correspondence, including highly sensitive and confidential documents within established deadlines.
- Perform random audits of employee expense forms, timesheets, phone logs, etc. and flag inconsistencies.
- Provide administrative support for human resource related activities including Taleo support, schedule interviews and other staffing related activities.
- Liaise with external stakeholder organizations to manage, coordinate and schedule meetings with the COO, including coordinating the logisitics.
- Respond verbally and in writing to inquiries from internal and external clients on behalf of the COO to ensure a timely response to all requests for information.
- Maintain paper and electronic filing systems to ensure information is easily accessible on demand.
- Provide guidance, coaching, training to co-workers in implementing administrative improvements to ensure efficient and quality standards are met.
- Provide back up support for the Executive Administrator to the Chief Executive Officer.
What you will need:
- Strong administrative and computer skills, including Microsoft Office and MIDAS.
- Effective written and oral communication skills to establish effective work relationships and show good judgement when dealing with internal and external stakeholders and staff.
- Thorough problem solving and decision making skills.
- Demonstrated accountability, flexibility and adaptability in order to meet new challenges in a changing environment.
The knowledge, skills and abilities required for this position would typically be gained through the completion of a certificate or diploma in office administration and/or several years of experience in a senior administrative support role.
About the Apprenticeship and Trade Certification Commission:
The Apprenticeship and Trade Certification Commission is responsible for designating trades for apprenticeship training and certification, registering apprentices and journeypeople, monitoring their training and providing certification of skill levels achieved and representing Saskatchewan on interprovincial initiatives.
We are committed to workplace diversity.
Hours of Work: A – MANAGEMENT SUPPORT GROUP Office 36 – one day off every two weeks
: Apr 5, 2018, 12:59:00 AM