OverviewGovernment of Alberta Travel Counsellor (3 positions) and Site Supervisor (1 position) – Wage Full Time in Alberta
Government of Alberta
Branch AB CA
Travel Counsellor (3 positions) and Site Supervisor (1 position) – Wage
Expertise with internet based research, social media channels and Microsoft Excel and Word is essential. TRAVEL COUNSELLORS (Administrative Support 1) – 3…
TRAVEL COUNSELLORS (Administrative Support 1) – 3 positions
– Provide exceptional customized trip planning and customer service to visitors travelling to Alberta
– Proactively promote attractions, events, experiences and destinations across the province, including assisting travelers with booking accommodations and activities.
– Influence visitors to do more and extend their length of stay in Alberta by matching their interests and needs to Alberta?s attractions, experiences and destinations.
– Distribute information and essential travel tips.
– Complete administrative tasks such as preparing reports, and collecting and entering visitor statistics.
Starting Wage: from $18.27 – $21.89 per hour
SITE SUPERVISOR (Administrative Support 2) – 1 position
– Perform all Travel Counsellor duties
– Supervise Travel Counsellors and provide ongoing feedback, training and coaching
– Complete administrative tasks including scheduling, overseeing daily operations, managing inventory and ensuring proper maintenance of the Visitor Information Centre
– Liaise with the local tourism industry
Starting Salary: from $19.31 – $23.33 per hour
All candidates must have a high school education and at least one year of customer service experience. Expertise with internet based research, social media channels and Microsoft Excel and Word is essential. First Aid Certification is also required. Preference will be given to candidates with some post-secondary education in tourism, hospitality and/or a related field. Knowledge of a second language and experience with Alberta’s tourism industry and tourism destinations are considered assets. Candidates applying for the Site Supervisor position must have at least one year of supervisory/leadership experience. Equivalencies will be considered.
All applicants must have a valid passport and the ability to travel in the United States. These positions are summer employment term opportunities. Weekend and Statutory Holiday work is required. Dorm-style accommodations are provided. Attendance at training in Edmonton (May 8-11, 2017) is a condition of employment. All applicants must be able to work from May 8-Sept 4, with the possibility of working until the end of September. Successful candidates will be required to obtain First Aid Certification including AED before commencing. We reserve the right to ask for a Criminal Record check.
How to Apply
Online applications are preferred. If you apply online, please ensure your cover letter and resume are submitted as one file. Ensure you quote the competition number and save using the naming convention of your first then last name (Joe Smith_competition number). Applicants who apply online will be able to track the status of this competition.
If you are unable to submit an electronic version of your resume, please submit your resume, quoting the Job ID, to Human Resources, Culture and Tourism, 7th Floor Standard Life Centre, 10405 Jasper Avenue, Edmonton, Alberta, T5J4R7. Fax: (780) 422-3142. If you require any further information on this job posting, please contact Shannon R. Davis, Tourism Development Officer, at [email protected]
We thank all candidates for their interest. All applications will be reviewed to determine which candidates’ education and experience best meets the needs of the position. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: , AB, CA
Posted on: 2017-01-24