OverviewGovernment of Alberta Senior Records Officer Full Time in Edmonton, AB
Government of Alberta
Branch Edmonton AB CA
Senior Records Officer
Creative Problem Solving – you challenge the process, identify alternate solutions, and seek clarity. Alberta Culture and Tourism is looking for a results…
September 28, 2015
Program Services 4
Culture and Tourism
Are you passionate about records and information management? Are you up to the challenge of modernizing the policies, procedures and guidelines for effective records management in a public service environment? Alberta Culture and Tourism is looking for a results-oriented, creative problem solver to fill our Senior Records Officer position.
Reporting to the Director of Strategic Information Services, within the Information Management and Technical Services (IMTS) Branch, this position is responsible for all records management functions within the ministry. Key responsibilities include:
- Consulting with and advising a broad range of stakeholders on records and information management issues
- Driving the development and modernization of records disposition schedules
- Leading the development and implementation of projects and initiatives to increase the ministries’ level of maturity under the Generally Accepted Recordkeeping Principles
- Ensuring compliance with the Records Management Regulation and other applicable legislation
The Senior Records Officer coordinates the records management activities across the ministry with the goal of achieving the department’s vision of proactively managing its information resources in a disciplined, coordinated and accountable manner to:
- optimize the value of its investment in information resources,
- support effective and efficient operations, and
- continuously transform the delivery of program and service outcomes to Albertans.
Achieving this vision means that all information, regardless of the medium in which it is stored:
- is managed in a consistent manner according to policies, standards and procedures throughout its life-cycle;
- is easily accessible to the people and programs who need it, at the right time, and at the lowest cost;
- supports efficient work, collaboration and informed decision-making; and is adequately protected to ensure its integrity and the integrity of ongoing operations.
You may be the right person for the job if you demonstrate the following competencies:
- Drive for Results – you plan for results, take intelligent risks, and take accountability for outcomes
- Creative Problem Solving – you challenge the process, identify alternate solutions, and seek clarity
- Agility – you anticipate change, adapt, and support change initiatives
- Build Collaborative Environments ? you identify stakeholders, build relationships, facilitate communication, address conflict and focus on the client
University graduation in a related field and four years of related experience is required. Experience in records management is also required. Experience in the creation of records disposition schedules is preferred. Experience developing and delivering workshops or training sessions will be considered an asset. Equivalencies will be considered.
$2,707.94 to $3,549.74 bi-weekly (~$70,677 to $92,648 annually)
This is a temporary position until October 2016. Secondments will be considered. The final candidate will be required to undergo a security screening.
The Alberta Public Service is currently utilizing competency evaluation in the recruitment process. Competencies are behaviours that are essential to reach our goals in serving Albertans. We encourage you to have an in depth understanding of the competencies that are required for this opportunity and to be prepared to demonstrate them during the recruitment process. For more information on the APS Competency Model and how it is used, please visit the CHR Competency page.
How to Apply
Please send your application to [email protected], quoting the competition number and job title in the subject line. Please ensure your cover letter and resume are submitted as one file. If you are unable to submit an electronic version of your resume, please submit your resume, quoting the Job ID, to Human Resources, Culture, 7th Floor Standard Life Centre, 10405 Jasper Avenue, Edmonton, Alberta, T5J4R7. Fax: (780) 422-3142. If you require any further information on this job posting, please contact Melisa Alexander, HR Assistant, at [email protected]
Please see attached position profile for a detailed list of responsibilities: https://www.jobs.alberta.ca/pprofile/pp1031585.htm
We thank all candidates for their interest. All applications will be reviewed to determine which candidates’ education and experience best meets the needs of the position. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
It is recommended that applicants who have obtained educational credentials from outside of Canada and have not had them previously assessed, obtain an evaluation of their credentials from the International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS). It is recommended that applicants include the assessment certificate from IQAS or any other educational assessment service as part of their application.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Edmonton, AB, CA
Posted on: 2015-09-23