OverviewGovernment of Alberta Recruitment Coordinator Full Time in Fort McMurray, AB
Government of Alberta
Branch Fort McMurray AB CA
Fort McMurray, AB
Scope Open Closing Date August 24, 2015 Classification Administrative Support 5 Ministry Human Services About Us Human Services is transforming the…
August 24, 2015
Administrative Support 5
Human Services is transforming the way vulnerable Albertans receive programs and services. Our mission is to create conditions for safe and supportive homes, communities and workplaces so that all Albertans can realize their full potential.
The Ministry of Human Services employs over 30% of the Alberta Public Service. Located in over 85 communities, Human Resources plays as integral part in supporting this large, and diverse organization. Human Resources is committed to providing learning and developmental opportunities to our employees while offering a challenging and supportive team environment.
Follow the link to see what else we have to offer: http://humanservices.alberta.ca
We are looking for a Human Resource Assistant/Recruitment Coordinator for our Fort McMurray location. If you are passionate about providing administrative support in the field of Human Resources, what a better way to apply your skills than in one of the most bustling cities in Canada!
You will join a team of HR professionals across the province who are dedicated to providing exceptional customer service through various daily activities, including full cycle talent acquisition of administrative support positions in our fast paced department. In addition to working closely and communicating effectively with HR Consultants to support managers and supervisors in attracting and acquiring talent, you will also have the opportunity to provide support to the HR Consultants in the areas of employee relations, and job evaluation/compensation. The timely and accurate preparation and maintenance of confidential correspondence, documentation and reports, will ensure that our business operations run smoothly.
As the ideal candidate, in addition to your education and experience, you will demonstrate well-honed competencies in the following areas:
- Systems Thinking: to keep broader impacts and connections in mind
- Creative Problem Solving: to assess options and implications in new ways to achieve outcomes and solutions
- Drive for Results: knowing what outcomes are important and maximizing resources to achieve results that are aligned with the goals of the organization, while maintaining accountability to each other and external stakeholders
- Build Collaborative Environments: leading and contributing to an environment that allows people to work collaboratively and productively to achieve outcomes
- Agility: to anticipate, assess, and readily adapt to changing priorities, maintain resilience in times of uncertainty and effectively work in a changing environment
- Develop Networks: proactively building networks, connecting and building trust in relationships with diverse stakeholders
- Develop Self and Others: a commitment to lifelong learning and the desire to invest in the development of the long-term capability of yourself and others.
High School Diploma supplemented by a minimum of three years of related administrative experience, including proficiency in Word, Excel and Outlook. Experience and education in the area of Human Resources, specifically with recruitment, is preferred. Experience working in a unionized environment, in addition to working with IMAGIS/PeopleSoft is considered an asset. Equivalencies will be considered.
$1,798.32 to $2,201.76 bi-weekly
In addition to the above salary, employees in Fort McMurray are eligible for the following:
(1) Fort McMurray Allowance ( http://www.chr.alberta.ca/Practitioners/?file=directives/benefits/exp-allow-not-on-trav-stat&cf=5)
- $478.17 per bi-weekly pay period in addition to regular earnings
- Payable to eligible employees of the GoA in receipt of a salary, wage or LTD benefits and whose residence and work location are in FMM
(2) Attraction Bonus ( http://www.chr.alberta.ca/Practitioners/?file=directives/pay/premium-pay&cf=5)
- A one-time payment equivalent to 25% of base pay upon commencement, less all lawful deductions. Paid in quarterly installments over the first year of employment
- Requires a two year return to service commitment
- Paid in addition to the FMM allowance
This competition may be used to fill future vacancies across the Government of Alberta.
What we offer:
- Comprehensive benefits plan, dental plan, and health spending account
- Pension plan
- Leadership and mentorship programs
- Professional learning and development
- Positive workplace culture and work-life balance
- Flexible and alternative work arrangements
How to Apply
Online applications are preferred. Please ensure that you include contact information including email address on resume. Note: As only one file can be uploaded, please ensure your cover letter, resume and any other related documents are submitted in one file. Applicants who apply online will be able to track the status of this competition.
If you are unable to apply online, please submit your cover letter and resume, quoting the Job ID, to: Kristin Warnock, Human Resource Assistant, Alberta Human Services, #120 Mezzanine Level, 10405 Jasper Avenue, Standard Life Centre, Edmonton, AB, T5J 4R7. Phone: 780-638-3520; Fax: 780-415-2003.
For individuals who have obtained educational credentials from outside of Canada, it is recommended that you obtain an evaluation of your credentials from the International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS) and include the IQAS assessment certificate as part of your application. Further information on IQAS is available at: http://eae.alberta.ca/labour-and-immigration/overview-of-immigration/international-qualifications-assessment-service.aspx
We thank all applicants for their interest. All applications will be reviewed to determine which candidates’ education and experience best meets the needs of the position. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted via email.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Fort McMurray, AB, CA
Posted on: 2015-08-18