OverviewGovernment of Alberta Director of Support Services Full Time in Edmonton, AB
Government of Alberta
Branch Edmonton AB CA
Director of Support Services
Leading the Division in the development of strategies that will increase efficiency and effectiveness through the use of existing and future technology….
Put your extensive leadership and strategic skills to good use by joining a dynamic team of professionals in Legal Services Division!
The Support Services Team provides all non-legal support services to 300+ lawyers and legal assistants in the Division. The Director of Support Services is responsible for ensuring the Team is proactive and client-focused, and provides a comprehensive and coordinated suite of support services to the Division.
The Director is responsible for developing the Division’s long-term strategic direction and is accountable for multiple areas, including finance, security, human resources, information and technologies, project management and facilities, learning and knowledge management, ARTS and the Correspondence Unit.
In this unique role, you will work closely with the Division’s Leadership Team, internal staff, client departments, and colleagues across government to lead, coordinate and collaborate on projects and initiatives.
Using proven leadership, relationship-building and problem-solving skills, this position is a key resource to coordinate multiple demands, including:
– Overseeing the development of a legal service delivery strategy that will ensure the Division’s legal services continue to be provided efficiently and effectively.
– Overseeing and reporting on the implementation of all initiatives or projects identified in the delivery strategy.
– Project managing selected initiatives and projects.
– Leading the Division in the development of strategies that will increase efficiency and effectiveness through the use of existing and future technology
– Managing the allocation of financial and human resources to achieve the Division’s objectives.
– Providing strategic direction and oversight on a wide range of projects aimed at increasing branch effectiveness and employee engagement
– Developing partnerships, protocols, and/or agreements with other Government of Alberta ministries and agencies
To be successful in this position you must possess strong leadership, communication and relationship building skills to facilitate ongoing communication and teamwork within the Support Services Team, the Division and across ministries. Excellent strategic thinking and project management skills, as well as analytical skills, organization, and research abilities are also essential.
A University degree in Business, Social Sciences, Public Administration or related field plus a minimum of six years related experience is required. An accounting designation (CPA or legacy designations CA, CMA, CGA) is desirable. PMP designation is preferred. Related experience or education may be considered as an equivalency on a one for one basis. Experience in the legal field is an asset.
$4,037.95 to $5,127.61 bi-weekly ($105,390 to $133,830 annually)
The Alberta Public Service is a great place to work.
What we offer:
– Comprehensive benefits plan: http://www.chr.alberta.ca/Practitioners/DocList410.cfm
– Pension plan: http://www.mepp.ca/
– Leadership and mentorship programs
– Professional learning and development
– Positive workplace culture and work-life balance.
Final Candidates for this position will be asked to undergo a security screening. This competition may be used to fill future temporary or permanent vacancies.
How to Apply
Online applications are preferred. If you are unable to submit an electronic version of your resume, please submit your resume, quoting the Job ID, to: Olya Fedyshena-Soltis, Justice and Solicitor General, 10365-97 Street, Edmonton, AB, T5J 3W7. Fax: (780) 644-1395. Phone: 780-644-4615. Applicants who apply online will be able to track the status of their application. Applicants are advised to provide information that clearly and concisely demonstrates how their qualifications meet the advertised requirements, including education and experience.
Note: As only one file can be uploaded, please ensure your cover letter, resume and any other related documents are submitted in one file. Please ensure that this document is saved using the naming convention of your last then first name followed by the seven digit Job Opening ID number (Smith,Joe_XXXXXXX).
It is recommended that applicants who have obtained educational credentials from outside of Canada and have not had them previously assessed, obtain an evaluation of their credentials from the International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS) – http://work.alberta.ca/iqas It is recommended that applicants include the assessment certificate from IQAS or any other educational assessment service as part of their application.
We thank all applicants for their interest. All applications will be reviewed. Only the most suitable candidate(s) will be selected from this competition.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Edmonton, AB, CA
Posted on: 2018-04-03