OverviewGovernment of Alberta Caseworker Trainee Full Time in Edmonton, AB
Government of Alberta
Branch Edmonton AB CA
(a) they have a degree in social work from any university in North America that is accredited by the Canadian Association for Social Work Education (CASWE) or…
Why join us?
Would you like to join a leading organization to build your strengths-based and family-focused practice?
Are you interested in a one year developmental opportunity to learn about child intervention and gain knowledge, skills and experience?
With this paid training, you will gain valuable skills in the human services field, to assist you in establishing a career with us.
Our office environments are collaborative, in which team work is encouraged. Each office consists of a small number of teams, to allow our employees frequent exposure to their supervisors and to quickly learn from those around them.
To learn more about Child Intervention Services, please click on the link below to watch a short video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tV6FobdgP-A&feature=youtu.be
What you will be doing:
The Caseworker trainee will work alongside our Caseworkers and other front-line child intervention workers to develop effective case management practices.
You will screen incoming calls/in-person referrals; assess and evaluate the nature of the complaint to determine urgency of the situation; make appropriate referrals based on children and family needs in consultation with the caseworker/supervisor; complete accurate documentation; coordinate/supervise visits, drive/ attend appointments with clients; assist the caseworker with placement needs; and have an opportunity to assume responsibility for a small caseload under the direction of a Casework Supervisor.
You will also attend numerous learning events to help you acquire child intervention practitioner competencies.
– Completed Bachelor of Social work or a related university degree and 1 year related experience or a related diploma with 2 years related experience. Completed post-secondary education in the Social Work field is preferred. Related experience providing assistance and services to children, youth and families is preferred.
– Previous experience with Child Intervention Services will be considered an asset.
– Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
– Superior interviewing skills to gather relevant information
– Ability to assess and analyze information and determine the best course of action
– Have a passion to learn and contribute and work as part of a team
– Ability to efficiently manage and prioritize multiple tasks and maintain flexibility in response to changing priorities
$2,233.28 – $2,878.37 bi-weekly
What we offer:
Comprehensive benefits plan: https://www.jobs.alberta.ca/offer/benefits.html
Pension Plan: https://www.pspp.ca/
Leadership and mentorship programs
Professional learning and development
Positive workplace culture and work-life balance
– Children’s Services – Edmonton Region is looking to staff several 1 year temporary Caseworker Trainee positions within the City of Edmonton and surrounding areas (which include Spruce Grove, Stony Plain, St. Albert, Leduc, Ft. Saskatchewan and Sherwood Park).
– As part of the selection process Candidates may be invited to complete a written knowledge test.
– Please note that candidates will be contacted via email to book testing or interviews. Please ensure you provide a current email address in your resume
– Successful candidates will undergo pre-employment security screening. In order to expedite this process, please be prepared to present a recent (completed within the last 3 months) Criminal Records Check that includes a Vulnerable Sector screening check at the time of the interview.
– As per the Health Professions Act, successful applicants must be registered with the Alberta College of Social Workers (ACSW) to be eligible for this position, if: (a) they have a degree in social work from any university in North America that is accredited by the Canadian Association for Social Work Education (CASWE) or the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE); or (b) they have graduated from an approved social work diploma program in Alberta; or (c) they have, within the last five years, been a registered, certified or licensed social worker in another province or with a member of the Association of Social Work Boards. Please be prepared to provide your registration details at the time of interview. For more information please visit http://www.acsw.ab.ca/
– This role requires that you have a valid Driver’s License and access to a reliable vehicle
– Please ensure your resume highlights how your previous work experience is related to the qualifications and requirements for this position. Other helpful tips for applicants can be found at: https://www.jobs.alberta.ca/applying/tips.html
How to Apply
ONLINE APPLICATIONS ARE PREFERRED at www.gov.ab.ca/jobs When you apply online, please ensure your cover letter and resume are submitted as one file. If you encounter technical issues applying online, contact Yulia Bulakh, Human Resources Assistant at (780) 638-1237 or [email protected] Applicants who apply online will be able to track the status of this competition, and will receive an email within 24 hours that their resume has been received.
It is recommended that applicants who have obtained educational credentials from outside of Canada and have not had them previously assessed, obtain an evaluation of their credentials from the International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS) – http://eae.alberta.ca/labour-and-immigration/overview-of-immigration/international-qualifications-assessment-service.aspx. Please include the assessment certificate from IQAS or any other educational assessment service as part of their application.
We thank all applicants for their interest. All applications will be reviewed to determine which candidates’ qualifications most closely match the advertised requirements. Only individuals selected for testing or interviews will be contacted.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Edmonton, AB, CA
Posted on: 2018-04-04