OverviewGovernment of Alberta Assessment Auditor Full Time in Alberta
Government of Alberta
Branch AB CA
Assessment, appraisal, real estate). Professional accreditation through the Alberta Assessors’ Association (Accredited Municipal Assessor of Alberta), the…
Reporting to the Manager, you will work with stakeholders and a dynamic and diverse team of professionals to conduct annual or detailed audits of assessments to ensure municipal compliance with legislation in the Province of Alberta. You will join a team committed to continuous improvement in the services and programs we provide.
Your daily responsibilities will include:
- Determining whether assessments prepared by municipalities for all types of property comply with the legislation and the regulations,
- Determining whether the property information and sales data reported to the Ministry by each municipality is acceptable for preparing equalized assessments,
- Auditing the assessment practices and procedures used by municipalities and their assessors, and proposing better ways of doing business,
- Managing scheduled detailed audits.
Those joining the team must be able to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Systems Thinking: identifies areas where municipalities could improve assessments through the audit process and works to create alignment.
- Creative Problem Solving: applicant must collect a breadth of data and a variety of perspectives to develop potential solutions and evaluate how effective the solution will be. Recommendations are presented to municipalities for implementation.
- Drive for Results: must take on multiple projects, prioritize work, produce high-quality work and complete tasks by established deadlines. Holds self and others responsible for achieving results and agreed upon targets consistent with Government of Alberta legislation.
- Developing Networks: must actively work with stakeholders to achieve outcomes. Builds trust by being open to different perspectives during communications with stakeholders.
Are you ready to contribute your assessment audit skills to this team and the Province of Alberta? If so, we look forward to hearing from you.
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST INCLUDE A COVER LETTER. THOSE WITHOUT A COVER LETTER WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Professional accreditation through the Alberta Assessors’ Association (Accredited Municipal Assessor of Alberta), the Appraisal Institute of Canada (Accredited Appraiser Institute of Canada), or the International Association of Assessing Officers (Certified Assessment Evaluator) plus a minimum 6 years’ valuation experience. Related valuation experience must be in two or more property categories (i.e. residential, commercial, machinery and equipment) and in one or more technical disciplines (i.e. assessment, appraisal, real estate). The Certificate in Real Property Assessment or equivalent is required.
Competencies are behaviours that are essential to reach our goals in serving Albertans. We encourage you to have an in depth understanding of the competencies that are required for this opportunity and to be prepared to demonstrate them during the recruitment process. The link below will assist you with understanding competencies: http://www.chr.alberta.ca/APSCompetencies
$2,775.64 – $3,638.48 bi-weekly
What we offer:
- Comprehensive benefits plan: http://www.chr.alberta.ca/employees/DocList122.cfm
- Pension plan: http://www.pspp.ca/
- Leadership and mentorship programs
- Professional learning and development
- Positive workplace culture and work-life balance
This competition may be used to fill current and future vacancies across government at the same or lower classification.
How to Apply
Online applications are preferred. Please ensure that you include contact information including email address on your resume. If you apply online, please address your cover letter and resume to Human Resources. Note: As only one file can be uploaded, please ensure your cover letter, resume, and any other related documents are submitted in one file. Applicants who apply online will be able to track the status of this competition.
If you are unable to apply online, please submit your cover letter and resume, quoting the Job ID, to: Alberta Municipal Affairs, Human Resource Services, 18th floor, Commerce Place, 10155 – 102 Street, Edmonton, Alberta T5J 4L4. You may also submit your cover letter and resume through Fax: 780/422-0214 or email: [email protected]
It is recommended that applicants who have obtained educational credentials from outside of Canada and have not had them previously assessed, obtain an evaluation of their credentials from the International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS) – http://advancededucation.alberta.ca/planning/priorlearning/international/. It is recommended that applicants include the assessment certificate from IQAS or any other educational assessment service as part of their application.
We thank all candidates for their interest. All applications will be reviewed to determine which candidates’ education and experience best meets the needs of the position. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: , AB, CA
Posted on: 2018-04-05