OverviewGovernment of Alberta Administrative Assistant (Multiple Positions) Full Time in Edmonton, AB
Government of Alberta
Branch Edmonton AB CA
Administrative Assistant (Multiple Positions)
As the Administrative Assistant, you portray:. Anticipating the needs of managers, colleagues and the public, our Administrative Assistants demonstrate…
Are you seeking a diverse opportunity to provide administrative and operational support in a fast-paced, dynamic environment? If so, we have the role for you! If you thrive under new challenges, possess a high level of autonomy and are naturally a creative problem solver, all while being an ambassador of your organization, then consider joining AEMA?s administration team!
Our Administrative Assistants are key stakeholders to AEMA?s business operations; anticipating the needs of managers, colleagues and the public, our Administrative Assistants demonstrate outstanding client service by resolving administrative and operational issues before they arise. As the Administrative Assistant, your work will be vastly different, where no day is ever the same. Your strong organizational and administration expertise will be utilized through: establishment of complex administrative priorities, management of day-to-day administrative and operational initiatives, records management and creation of diarized workflows, ability to boost administration efficiencies and effectiveness within your work unit and other work units, coordination of Management?s calendar and emails, helping coordinate and manage your branch?s budget, inventory and procurement, preparation of correspondence, and liaising with other departments to ensure workflow is communicated and met. In addition, you will have the opportunity to be involved in special projects and have the ability to help lead initiatives within AEMA to ensure best practices are not only met, but continually evolved.
As the Administrative Assistant, you portray:
– Strong organizational and time management skills
– A high degree of professionalism
– Well-honed interpersonal skills, with the ability to work with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders
– Self-motivation with the ability to take initiative and develop new procedures
– Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
– Strong attention to detail, with a high degree of accuracy
– Past experience with accounts receivable, payable and budgeting experience
– Ability to interpret and work within established policies and procedures
– Ability to work with confidential and sensitive information
This role will require your expertise in the following competencies:
– Agility – takes advantage of opportunities to change how work is done to better anticipate obstacles and improve service
– Drive for Results – Sets goals and prioritizes work to accomplish goals
– Creative Problem Solving – uses or adapts existing processes to address both new and past problems
– Systems Thinking – anticipates change in own area based on activities in other areas
High school diploma and two years of related office administration experience is required. Certificate/Diploma in office administration is an asset. Advanced experience in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook) is required. Experience working within a Government setting is an asset. Experience with PeopleSoft and/or IMAGIS Ex-Claim, ARTS, and an Electronic Payment Systems an asset. Experience in financial accounting and budget, such as accounts receivable and payable is an asset. Equivalencies will be considered.
$1,691.44 – $2,066.65 bi-weekly
– Applications without a covering letter may not be considered.
– Applicants may be required to participate in Microsoft Office testing.
– This competition will be used to fill a variety of temporary salaried opportunities within Municipal Affairs. Secondment opportunities will be considered. This may be used to fill current and future vacancies at equal or lesser classifications across the Government of Alberta.
What we offer:
– Comprehensive benefits plan: http://www.chr.alberta.ca/employees/DocList122.cfm
– Pension plan: http://www.pspp.ca/
– Leadership and mentorship programs
– Professional learning and development
– Positive workplace culture and work-life balance
How to Apply
Online applications are preferred. If you require more information regarding this posting please contact Morgan Smith, Human Resource Consultant, at 780-644-0340. When you apply online, please address your cover letter and resume to Human Resources and ensure that they are submitted as one file. If you are unable to apply online, please submit your cover letter and resume, quoting the Job ID, to: Alberta Municipal Affairs, Human Resource Services, 18th floor, Commerce Place, 10155 ? 102 Street, Edmonton, Alberta T5J 4L4. Fax: 780/422-0214. Applicants who apply online will be able to track the status of this competition.
It is recommended that applicants who have obtained educational credentials from outside of Canada and have not had them previously assessed, obtain an evaluation of their credentials from the International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS) – http://work.alberta.ca/Immigration/assessment-for-employment-education-or-licensure.html It is recommended that applicants include the assessment certificate from IQAS or any other educational assessment service as part of their application.
We thank all candidates for their interest. All applications will be reviewed to determine which candidates? education and experience best meets the needs of the position. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Edmonton, AB, CA
Posted on: 2016-11-02