OverviewGoodwill Industries of Alberta Standalone Donation Attendant – Palisades Full Time in Edmonton, AB
Goodwill Industries of Alberta
Branch Edmonton AB CA
Standalone Donation Attendant – Palisades
Must pass a criminal record check. 1 PT Hourly, 1 FT Salaried. Adhering to all corporate policies and comply with health, safety and security regulations….
Standalone Donation Attendant, Palisades Donation Centre
Organization: Goodwill Industries of Alberta
Date Posted: August 17, 2015
Application Deadline: August 30, 2015
Location: 12800 – 137 Avenue NW, Edmonton, AB T5L 4Y8
Job Type: 2 Positions: 1 PT Hourly, 1 FT Salaried
Goodwill is a donor-driven social enterprise with the mission to provide individuals with disabilities the opportunity to enhance their lives through meaningful employment. The success of Goodwill’s retail operations revolve around the generosity of people in our community choosing to donate to Goodwill. These donated items are then sold at low prices to the public through Goodwill retail stores, giving the community the opportunity to get quality items at a greater value.
At Goodwill we value Team work, Respect, Integrity, Recognition, Customer Service, and Safety. At Goodwill, our ambitious, motivated and hard-working team members set us apart as an organization driven towards greatness.
Goodwill is currently looking for reliable, positive, team-oriented individuals with effective communication skills. As a Standalone Donation Attendant, you will primarily work in a standalone donation center receiving donations from donors. Donations are then sorted and distributed to appropriate area for detailed processing and distribution to the stores.
Reporting to the Donation Center Supervisor, your key responsibilities will include:
- Accepting donations in a friendly, customer oriented manner.
- Greeting all donors, providing assistance with unloading items to be donated and thanking donors for their support of Goodwill Industries of Alberta.
- Sorting and packing donated goods in preparation for processing.
- Adhering to all corporate policies and comply with health, safety and security regulations.
As a Standalone Donation Attendant, you are able to work in a multi-functional environment and encourage team work by creating a fun and energized environment.
In order to be successful in this role, you should demonstrate following skills and qualifications:
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be at least 16 years of age or older.
- Must pass a criminal record check.
- As this position requires lifting, sorting and moving donations, candidates must be able to regularly lift in excess of 10 kilograms and perform physical work on a continual basis.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends.
- Previous experience working with the public is an asset.
- The successful applicant must be able to independently transport themselves to any location to which they are assigned.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Edmonton, AB, CA
Posted on: 2015-08-18