OverviewGoodLife Fitness Facility Maintenance Technician – Edmonton Full Time in Edmonton, AB
Branch Edmonton AB CA
Facility Maintenance Technician – Edmonton
FACILITY MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN. Minor plumbing (fixture cartridges, water fountains, clearing drains, etc.). What is a Facility Maintenance Technician?…
GoodLife Fitness is 100% Canadian and one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies!
FACILITY MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN
Application deadline: November 18th.
At GoodLife Fitness, we’re known for being an industry leader in fitness across Canada. Since opening our doors in 1979, our Associates have shown dedication and passion for fitness and for their communities which keeps us growing year after year. With motivating people surrounding you every day and encouraging you to live a healthy and active lifestyle, isn’t it time you started living the good life too?
Working with GoodLife Fitness Gives You:
- FREE Fitness membership and discounted membership for friends and family
- Group health care plans
- Ongoing training and development to ensure a long and successful career path
- Full training on specialties provided
- Specialty tools and equipment are supplied
- Uniforms are supplied
- Unlimited growth potential
- Fun and energetic atmosphere to come to every day!
What is a Facility Maintenance Technician?
The Facility Maintenance Technician is responsible for performing repair and maintenance for a variety of facility issues as they arise in our fitness club environment. Our unique environment means this role will be challenged with a broad spectrum of tasks some of which include but are not limited to:
- Patch and paint, ceiling tile repair
- Flooring repair (carpet tile, ceramic tile, etc.)
- Millwork repair (lockers, paneling, partitions, front desks, saunas, etc.)
- Minor plumbing (fixture cartridges, water fountains, clearing drains, etc.)
- Door and gate repair
- Audio/Video set-up
- Bulb replacement
- A variety of other facility related tasks
As part of our Team of in-house Technicians, this role is well supported with initial and ongoing training and learning opportunities.A mechanical aptitude, a great attitude, and a desire to contribute to our GoodLife Purpose are required for success in this role.
- Perform a broad range of hands-on facility repairs/maintenance in a timely, professional, and safe manner
- Prioritize assigned work orders and create a daily action plan to ensure each are completed according to urgency and efficiency
- Accurately complete and submit administrative reports (time sheets, expense forms, etc.) according to deadlines
- Communicate proficiently, professionally, and regularly with all internal and external contacts
- Consistently strive to provide the highest level of customer service to our clubs and members
- Provide support for other projects and priorities as requested
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Strong troubleshooting and technical ability that can be applied to a wide variety of facility repair/maintenance needs
- Skilled in the use of applicable hand tools
- Logical thinker, able to recognize and implement appropriate solutions
- Strong time management, prioritization, planning, and organizational skills
- Flexible and able to react/adapt quickly to changes in anticipated daily plan or task
- Ability to work independently as a key member of our National Technician Team
- Ability to interact well with others to foster a positive and progressive Team environment
- Willingness and ability to learn required skill set during initial and ongoing training
- Direct or translatable experience in facility repair and maintenance
- Valid driver’s license is required
Proficiency in the use of computers for:
- Receiving/sending email
- Retrieving work orders and applying service notes
- Completion of basic template forms (time sheets, expense forms, etc.)
- Responsible for approximately 8 clubs in a defined area
- Typical work week is Monday to Friday / Typical start time is 7:00 AM
- Weekly hours are 44 with occasional overtime to suit the needs of the business
- Daily commuting between various club locations
As Canada’s largest fitness company, GoodLife currently employs over 13,000 people supporting our purpose to give every Canadian the opportunity to live a fit and healthy good life. As one of Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures, we look for positive, outgoing, energetic team members to make our environment fun and fulfilling each and every day.
The good life is within your reach. Apply to GoodLife Fitness today.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Edmonton, AB, CA
Posted on: 2017-01-23