OverviewGoodLife Fitness BI/SQL Developer Part Time in London, ON
Branch London ON CA
University degree or college diploma in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent. Ongoing training and development to ensure a long and successful…
GoodLife Fitness is 100% Canadian and one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies!
At GoodLife Fitness, we’re known for being an industry leader in fitness across Canada. Since opening our doors in 1979, our Associates have shown dedication and passion for fitness and for their communities which keeps us growing year after year. With motivating people surrounding you every day and encouraging you to live a healthy and active lifestyle, isn’t it time you started living the good life too?
Would you like the opportunity to help change people’s lives for the better? Tired of being a cog in a machine trying to sell more widgets? Ready to leave behind the stress and uncertainty of life in a start-up? Then come and join our team. At GoodLife Fitness, our purpose is to give every Canadian the opportunity to live a fit and healthy good life. As a BI developer at GoodLife, you will work on a team with IT professionals, business leaders and data scientists, tackling projects that are designed to bring healthier living to more Canadians. GoodLife is a fast growing company in an industry that is in the midst of rapid technological change. That means we get to work in an environment that combines the constant novelty and innovation of a start-up, with the stability and security of Canada’s largest fitness company.
What is a BI/SQL Developer?
The BI/SQL developer reports to the Manager of Data Governance and Reporting, and will play an instrumental role in unlocking the value in our data. We need a high performing individual who can act as a thought leader, as well as being a solid practitioner in the areas of: Creation and maintenance of queries, ETL processes, SSIS packages and data modelling.
Working with GoodLife Fitness Gives You:
- A collaborative work environment with a focus on learning from each other’s strengths
- A constant stream of new challenges
- Ongoing training and development to ensure a long and successful career path
- FREE Fitness membership and discounted membership for friends and family
- Group health care plans
- A modern, fun and energetic atmosphere to come to every day!
- Uphold data quality standards, improvements and guidelines
- Create & maintain ad-hoc reports, dashboards, operational reports, and data visualizations
- Develop & administer SQL queries, stored procedures, SSIS packages, ETL Processes etc.
- Other data management related duties as assigned
Our Ideal Candidate:
- University degree or college diploma in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent
- Data modeling and database management
- ETL process maintenance
- SQL query creation, debugging, and maintenance
- Enterprise reporting and executive dashboard administration
- Master data management and metadata management
- Dimensional Modeling techniques
- Proficiency in developing SQL Server, SSIS, SSRS, T-SQL, & OLAP solutions.
- Strong problem solving abilities and demonstrated analytical approach to problems
- Experience working with reporting, data warehouse and business intelligence solutions
- Strong working knowledge of database systems.
- Working knowledge of metadata management and data quality initiatives
- Evening and weekend work may occasionally be required to meet project deadlines
As Canada’s largest fitness company, GoodLife currently employs over 14,000 people supporting our purpose to give every Canadian the opportunity to live a fit and healthy good life. As one of Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures, we look for positive, outgoing, energetic team members to make our environment fun and fulfilling each and every day.
The good life is within your reach. Apply to GoodLife Fitness today.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: London, ON, CA
Posted on: 2017-01-25