OverviewGolden Hills School Division Systems Support Analyst Full Time in Strathmore, AB
Golden Hills School Division
Branch Strathmore AB CA
Systems Support Analyst
Familiarity with Google Apps, Microsoft Office suite of products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Web Help Desk, Remote Desktop, VNC and web-based tools in general….
Golden Hills School Division is accepting applications for positions within our Technology Services Department, with duties to commence as soon as possible. We currently have an opening for a full-time Systems Support Analyst working at Division Office in Strathmore.
GHSD is a rural school district with a student population of approximately 7000 students. The jurisdiction includes the towns and surrounding areas of Strathmore, Drumheller, Standard, and Three Hills. GHSD maintains a large scale enterprise wide area network over Supernet and currently supports teaching and learning and administrative functions using innovative technology resources.
GHSD is looking for a motivated and exceptional I.T. professional. This opportunity is very unique, as you would be joining an experienced, and sometimes eclectic team, and the exact nature of the position will depend on the unique skills and strengths of the successful candidates. Salary will be based on the position offered, and the experience and skillset of the candidate. This team has an excellent reputation and it’s scope of responsibilities and activities is substantial.
Responsibilities could include:
- Providing at-elbow, or online technical support in designated schools or through our Help Desk
- Physical repair and maintenance of computers, ActivBoards, Notebooks,Chromebooks, iPads, projectors, telephones and other technologies
- Installation and maintenance of software packages
- Installation of physical infrastructure including wiring, mounting of projectors and ActivBoards, printers and copiers
- Training on various software and hardware technologies to staff
- Working directly with our Learning Services team to support use and implementation of technology within our schools
The successful candidate will have skills and abilities in the following areas:
- Awesome verbal and written communication skills
- Collaboration and interpersonal relationship building
- Familiarity with Google Apps, Microsoft Office suite of products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Web Help Desk, Remote Desktop, VNC and web-based tools in general
- Diverse technical capacity
- Experience working in schools with teachers and administrators
- Understanding of the unique needs and requirements of technology within the K-12 educational environment
- Training and/or post-secondary education in related technologies
For further questions about the position advertised, please contact Todd Kennedy, IT Manager at [email protected] or (403) 361-2211
Candidates will need to supply a Criminal Record Check, Child Welfare Intervention Check, and a valid Driver’s License prior to starting employment.
Please submit resume and appropriate documentation to the undersigned on or before 2:00 PM on September 26, 2016. Position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Only those applicants short-listed will be contacted.
Golden Hills School Division
435A Highway #1
e-mail: [email protected]
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Strathmore, AB, CA
Posted on: 2016-09-21