OverviewGlaxoSmithKline Medical Advisor Full Time in Mississauga, ON
Branch Mississauga ON CA
Interact with global franchise teams to influence global clinical development plans in order to optimize patient access to innovative medicines and vaccines in…
• Strong foundation/expertise in the disease and therapeutic area
• Ability to apply scientific knowledge and lead research programs
• Ability to manage relationships with internal and external partners including Key External Experts and global stakeholders
• Strong ability to leverage scientific knowledge
• Demonstrated ability to work as a strategic partner with commercial functions would be considered an asset
• Must possess a good understanding of the Canadian healthcare environment
• Strong ability to develop timely and meaningful research protocols and study reports
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Industry Medical Affairs experience considered an asset
• Strong project management skills
• Strong business and financial acumen
The Medical Advisor (MA) within Medical Affairs will be responsible for providing expert clinical capability and leadership while managing a broad range of Medical Affairs activities associated with his or her assigned products and therapy area;
• They will develop and implement local research strategies to address data gaps and advance the scientific/clinical understanding of GSK medicines and vaccines.
• They will be accountable for leading external scientific/clinical exchange with the scientific and medical community and to bring the medical voice of the customer back into the organization (includes 1:1 interactions, advisory boards, medical education, congress presentations, publications and congress sponsorships).
• They will work with the Medical team, the cross-functional teams, and global teams providing scientific/clinical expertise, advice and technical leadership on GSK products in the Canadian market by developing and implementing a local, integrated medical strategy and customer engagement plans.
• Provide expert clinical product and disease knowledge and trusted medical leadership to GSK Canada and to International Medical Networks
• Build and leverage high quality clinical knowledge and capability expertise across the enterprise in collaboration with Medical Strategic Operations and Capability Excellence
• Act as local Medical Monitor to assess local clinical trial serious adverse event for possible sentinel events and escalate as appropriate
• Rapidly obtain detailed information about any sentinel event reported in local clinical studies and ensure information is provided to Safety department
• Deliver external engagement excellence characterized by timely, responsible and responsive interactions with the external medical and scientific community to achieve a two-way trusted scientific partnership
• Accountable for regular review and analysis of data analytics and medical voice of customer to derive insights and develop action plans to deliver on the medical strategy
• Lead, develop and implement a local Medical Strategic Plan for medicines and vaccines within assigned therapy area including:
• Identifying areas of research interest and developing timely local study protocols which advance the scientific understanding of our medications
• Identifying areas of medical education interest
• Identifying advisory board/1:1 interaction needs, and leading their implementation and follow-up in collaboration with Medical Strategic Operations and Capability Excellence.
• Ensuring alignment with commercial strategic planning
• Managing research budget and budget forecasting processes for assigned products and therapy areas
• Provide clinical assessment of pipeline products to enhance the local and the global development plans that maximize the scientific understanding of these potential future assets
• Interact with global franchise teams to influence global clinical development plans in order to optimize patient access to innovative medicines and vaccines in Canada
• Provide clinical strategic input to the regulatory and reimbursement teams to allow GSK to demonstrate the value of GSK products to achieve optimal product labeling, reimbursement outcomes and patient access.
• Evaluate and manage investigator-sponsored studies to advance research on disease and its treatment, aligned to the areas of research interest
• Deliver study reports and local publications related to local research activities
• Support the TA Director in the review of all medical grant and donation requests (including Independent Medical Education requests) and congress sponsorship requests to ensure alignment with therapy area strategies.
• Lead the development and implementation of advice seeking interactions (e.g. 1:1 interactions, advisory boards):
• Identifying advisory board needs
• Securing necessary approvals
• Ensuring agenda meets local needs and not duplicated elsewhere
• Leading the selection of participants
• Completing due diligence reports and contracting
• Ensuring insights/learnings are shared and addressed
• Accountable for the management of therapy aligned medical content to deliver on the Global HCP Engagement Initiative
• Leverage medical and clinical knowledge to ensure that all materials produced are medically and scientifically accurate and in compliance with local and GSK requirements
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK’s commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Mississauga, ON, CA
Posted on: 2016-10-30