OverviewGlaxoSmithKline Canada Respiratory Finance Partner Temporary in Mississauga, ON
Branch Mississauga ON CA
Canada Respiratory Finance Partner
Experience in pharmaceutical industry is nice to have. Formulate short, medium and long-term objectives and processes to ensure adequate compliance….
** Please note, this posting is a contract role for 12 months**
• Accounting/Finance qualification (CPA/ACCA or equivalent) is a must.
• 5+ years experience in a Finance roles
• Experience in technical finance partnering skills inclusive of modelling, analysis, evaluation and forecasting
• Ability to prioritise multiple tasks within a project using projet management skills
• Understanding of systems and processes as they affect the financial results (SAP, JDE, Unison, etc.)
• Operational discipline to deliver results while adjusting and delivering on GSKs Governance and Values framework, yet open to initiate and drive change
• Networking skills to build strong collaborative relationships across all functions and business units
• Ability to influence commercial and finance partners in a complex, multi-cultural environment
• Presentation and communication skills
• Risk Identification capabilities
• Willingness to adopt a patient perspective in everything done is a must
• Balanced mix of innovation and reapplication
• MBA Graduate / MBiotech / Masters / Equivalent or relevant experience 5+ years experience in a similar role.
• Different degrees complemented with financial education, qualification and experience.
• Multinational or global locations are preferable
• Experience in pharmaceutical industry is nice to have
The role is accountable for the delivery of results of a core therapeutic area in the Canadian Pharmaceutical Business through strong Market & Finance Partnering support. The successful candidate has the responsibility to maximize value creation within the GSK financial architecture.
Financial Leadership to the Business
• Provide market and financial leadership in specific areas of the Canada Pharma business to deliver its results (sales, operating profit and cash flow). Partner with Commercial Managers to identify and optimize value creation. Lead processes across BUs driven by either sale channel management or cross BU needs.
• Support the business in the creation and/or execution of business goals, strategies and tactics.
• Provide proactive insight to analyse performance gaps.
• Lead, in collaboration with the Commercial Directors, the formulation of long term strategic plans. Align with the organization the three year budget. Clearly identify deviations vs. short term and long term objectives and become a critical agent to manage and where possible prevent.
• Develop deep internal and external knowledge of business fundamentals including; the economic, commercial and regulatory environment, key categories, customer and competitor dynamics.
• Lead performance management for his/her areas of influence: ensure Canada Management Team is provided with a complete and reliable flow of product information which accurately reflects the performance of the subsidiary. Develop and maintain key internal and external benchmarks.
• Participate and influence the core commercial cycle process and fully understand the volume/value dynamics of its specific areas towards improvement of forecast accuracy. Understand pricing, discounts and product allocation to maximize market share.
• Monitor and understand strategic pricing and pricing governance.
• Manage supply allocations in conjunction with Demand Planning and Brand teams.
• Support, advise and partner with all Departments in the decision-making process to achieve targets and appropriate resource allocation decisions to optimize ROI.. Ensure new launches deliver the required return.
• Optimize working capital. Formulate short, medium and long-term objectives and processes to ensure adequate compliance.
• Financial contribution to business development initiatives at local or regional level.
• Tight management and governance of brand driven expenses and executions.
Risk Management and Controls
• Play an active decision-making role to ensure that results are optimized in accordance with ethical and group standards.
• Proactive approach to risk management. Anticipate key business and compliance risks and escalate for support as needed.
• Support Financial Services and other Corporate Departments, on providing requiremed judgement and business decision support impacting statutory accounts, as established by agreed RACIs and Target Operating Model, on a regular and ad-hoc basis. Responsibility for the integrity of the P&L and Balance Sheet for their customer group.
• Conduct SOX testing as required.
• Develop Organization in line with GSK Expectations.
• Understand and help drive alignment on interdependencies locally (i.e. Financial Control, Forecasting, Compliance, Legal) and regionally.
• Contribute to Finance Team action plan.
• Promote sharing of best practices.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK’s commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Mississauga, ON, CA
Posted on: 2017-02-11