OverviewGildan Project Manager Full Time in Montréal, QC
Branch Montréal QC CA
Reporting to the Director, Project Management Office, the Project Manager will lead and direct Business and Information Technology company-wide projects….
Reporting to the Director, Project Management Office, the Project Manager will lead and direct Business and Information Technology company-wide projects. This includes defining the project plan, driving the execution, quality control and delivery of the project while adhering to delivery schedules and budgets.
The Project Manager manages the communication with sponsors and stakeholders to ensure the project meets the scope outlined in the project plan. In addition, he/she identifies, develops and initiates innovations or solutions to any issues that may arise during the project. The incumbent demonstrates superior collaboration skills and techniques to effectively mobilize cross-functional team members to meet project objectives.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas.
- Work with the team to develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
- Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle.
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
- Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to recognize successes and identify areas for improvement.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
Profile & Core Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, Information technology or other pertinent fields
- Minimum 10 – 15 years of experience as a Project Manager
- PMI certification is considered an asset
- Strong English written and spoken communication skills for collaboration with project sponsors, stakeholders colleagues and third parties; working knowledge of French is considered an asset
- Collaborative leadership, exceptional influence and interpersonal skills.
We thank you for your interest in a career at Gildan, however only those candidates retained for an interview will be contacted.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Montreal, QC, CA
Posted on: 2015-05-23