OverviewGildan Internal Auditor Full Time in Montréal, QC
Branch Montréal QC CA
Strong understanding of accounting and financial reporting in a public corporation, operational experience an asset….
The Internal Audit (IA) Department is an independent team, reporting into the VP Performance Improvement Initiatives and Enterprise Risk Management, and is responsible for the audits of key business processes in line with strategic objectives and the IA rotational plan. The “Internal Auditor” will be responsible for executing internal audit projects, including assistance in determining the mandate scope, performing audit procedures, and participating in the preparation of the report reflecting the results of the work performed.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Assist in the identification and assessment of business risks to determine the nature, extent and timing of audit procedures;
- Take part in the planning, execution and reporting phases of audit projects that focus on compliance, operational, IT and other processes;
- Participate in the development and enhancement of internal audit approaches/templates and methodology to optimize the use and effectiveness of team resources
- Active involvement in special projects and investigations
- Reports to the Director, Internal Audit
- Works closely with various teams and business leaders throughout the organizationh
Profile & Core Competencies
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Finance, and related.
- Professional Designation (CA, CGA, CMA)
- CIA designation is an asset
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in an audit role
- Experience in manufacturing environment considered an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English in order to prepare and effectively present Internal Audit reports.
- Working knowledge of French, Spanish an asset
- Strong understanding of accounting and financial reporting in a public corporation, operational experience an asset
- High level of professionalism, integrity, and ethics
- Detail-oriented and strong organizational skills
- Self-motivated and autonomous
- Ability to deliver on a timely basis
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, evolving, and growing environment
- Strong analytical skills
- Team player
- Interest in understanding the business and contributing to its development
- Proficiency in use of software applications (Excel, Word, Visio, data mining tools, etc.)
- Expected to travel up to 30-40% of the time
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Montreal, QC, CA
Posted on: 2016-11-01