OverviewGFS Canada Company, Inc. National Help Desk Technician Full Time in Delta, BC
GFS Canada Company, Inc.
Branch Delta BC CA
National Help Desk Technician
Previous IT Help Desk and Customer Support experience. Provide one-on-one end user support and problem resolution….
The Help Desk Technician is responsible for timely and effective resolutions to IT software and hardware related issues. The Help Desk Technician will utilize various technology tools such as phone, e-mail, chat and remote control to solve or address most problems. The Help Desk Technician is also responsible for gathering and documenting ticket triage information for escalation to internal and vendor support teams. This position is based in Delta, British Columbia.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Resolve end-user IT issues such as password reset, software questions and PC hardware problems
- Participate in moves, adds and changes to network and systems access
- Prioritize Help Desk tickets according to severity
- Provide one-on-one end user support and problem resolution
- Diagnose and resolve minor network issues
- Assist PC and network technicians by troubleshooting software, hardware, and network issues
- Provide on-call/after hours support via pager as needed
Ideal candidates have:
- Technical diploma or equivalent work experience in the computer field
- Ability to work with minimal direction or supervision
- Must be team oriented and have excellent organizational, customer service and communication skills
- Experience writing technical documentation would be an asset
- Previous IT Help Desk and Customer Support experience
- French language is an asset
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Delta, BC, CA
Posted on: 2015-01-25