OverviewGevity Consulting Inc. Software Engineer Full Time in Vancouver, BC
Gevity Consulting Inc.
Branch Vancouver BC CA
Degree or diploma in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field. Gevity Consulting is an informatics consulting and software development company…
Gevity Consulting is an informatics consulting and software development company headquartered in Vancouver, with growing branches in British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec and the Atlantic provinces.
Offering recognized experts in eHealth, Public Health and Information Management, and Enterprise Application Development, Gevity focuses on providing the domain specific advice and direction required to ensure project success. We help our clients understand their needs, manage the change required, and deliver on right-sized solutions either directly, or as the vendor management team.
We believe in enabling an open and enjoyable work environment. This includes providing quality hardware and software, a friendly office, competitive wages, and, a benefits package that includes generous profit sharing, extended health, dental, vision, transit, childcare and training subsidies.
Gevity is looking to add additional staff in 2015 across a number of key areas within the company.
– Write new code, modules, and systems; implement changes to current and mature production systems
– Promote testing automation, build testing infrastructure and tests
– Improve and extend shared tools, utilities, and infrastructure
– Quickly build useful scripts, tools, and utilities using the most appropriate technology for the job
– Design, implement, maintain deployment methods
– Identify and execute on opportunities for improvements in areas such as application performance, code quality, issue detection and resolution, metrics tracking, alarming, etc.
– Determine optimal solution designs based on the assessment of costs, risks, complexity and benefits
– Use performance analysis tools to analyze and tune applications
– Understand complex systems and frameworks to be able to diagnose and resolve production issues
– Ability to learn systems and procedures quickly and on the fly
– Be a self-starter who is able to fill in the blanks and gets the job done
– Demonstrated ability to solve difficult problems
– Thrive in a team environment with smart people who love debating, challenging the status quo, and working with complex requirements.
– Ability to work remotely, delivering in a cadence of 1-2 week sprints
– Adept at handling multiple assignments, shifting priorities, and interruptions
Required Skills and Qualifications:
– Expertise in service transport/serialization formats: XML, JSON, Protobuf, Thrift, etc.
– Familiarity with modern tools and processes (Gradle, Jenkins, git, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery)
– Experience with test automation
– Strong command of data query/definitions languages: SQL, CQL, etc.
– Experience with enterprise databases such as Oracle or DB2, Cassandra, HBase
– Experience with Hibernate or other ORM an asset
– Degree or diploma in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field
Gevity is an equal opportunity employer. Proof of credentials, as well as a criminal check, may be required for successful applicants. Resumes will be kept on file and candidates may be contacted for future opportunities.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Vancouver, BC, CA
Posted on: 2015-08-16