OverviewGerdau Intern/Summer Coop Program – Selkirk, Manitoba GER00734 Temporary in Selkirk, MB
Branch Selkirk MB CA
Intern/Summer Coop Program – Selkirk, Manitoba GER00734
At Gerdau our employees are the best in the business. Candidates must demonstrate leadership potential, strong interpersonal skills, excellent written and oral…
At Gerdau our employees are the best in the business. We have high standards and our employees constantly strive to reach even higher levels of success. Gerdau’s growth is based on our values and on a vision focused on excellence.
Gerdau proudly offers internship programs, through which students can jump start their career with hands-on experience with one of the largest steel producers in the world. Working at Gerdau is an opportunity to be part of a team that is a benchmark in the industry in which it operates.
Duties & Responsibilities
An Intern with Gerdau must have an eagerness to grow personally and professionally, being a part of a global company with more than 110 years of entrepreneurship and achievements in the steel industry. This program is for individuals with high learning agility and willingness to adapt and develop continuously, who aim at consistently outperforming in a variety of settings and circumstances.
During the program you will interact with team members from around the world. You will have the opportunity to learn on the job and work on challenging projects that will further your development.
Candidates must demonstrate leadership potential, strong interpersonal skills, excellent written and oral communication skills, initiative, and problem-solving skills.
Gerdau offers competitive wages, on-the-job experience, organization orientation, work assignments and projects with clear and targeted goals that allow young professionals to earn invaluable experience.
- Assist in equipment drawing update
- Support Capex project planning process
- Assist or lead small non capex improvement projects
- Candidates should be in the process of completing a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Candidates must demonstrate leadership potential, strong interpersonal skills, excellent written and oral communication skills, initiative and problem-solving skills.
- Well-rounded applicants with leadership roles in student organizations or extra-curricular activities.
- Candidates will be expected to play an active role, ask questions, recommend improvements, and complete an end-of-term report summarizing their experiences while at Gerdau.
Gerdau believes in equal employment opportunity for all and the importance of each employee and applicant as an individual. It is the policy of Gerdau that there will be no unlawful discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, creed, colour, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabilities, or other legally protected status. All applicants must be legally eligible to work in the country of hire without current or future sponsorship.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Selkirk, MB, CA
Posted on: 2015-09-24