OverviewGeotechnical Technologist – Chetwynd in Calgary, AB
Branch Calgary AB CA
Geotechnical Technologist – Chetwynd
as field drilling investigations, instrumentation installation and monitoring and foundation installation monitoring. Inspect, prepare and review daily reports…
Perform and monitor testing and inspection activities of the Company’s operations and/ or Client’s project sites with a high degree of precision and strict compliance to Health & Safety and Company’s Code of integrity and professionalism.
- Complete field testing as well as daily inspection reports which detail the daily project activities.
- Perform driven and cast in place pile monitoring and reporting.
- Conduct soils compaction and moisture testing and collection of material samples for laboratory testing.
- Complete air and slump tests, (cast compressive strength cylinders), compaction testing (nuclear moisture-density gauge) and aggregate production monitoring (field sieve analysis).
- Maintain all field protocols with regards to SGS procedures and project requirements.
- Collect necessary specifications and documentation needed for the specific project.
- Maintain field integrity with good housekeeping and equipment maintenance daily.
- Maintain vehicle (if supplied) with good housekeeping and daily condition reports.
- Perform geotechnical related projects, such as field drilling investigations, instrumentation installation and monitoring and foundation installation monitoring.
- Inspect, prepare and review daily reports for pile monitoring and compaction testing.
- Carry out routine inspection of company vehicles as required.
- Mentor new workers on site.
For candidates who meet these pre-requisites, SGS offers a stimulating professional environment and a very competitive compensation package.
Please note that candidates applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
SGS is the World’s Leading Inspection, Testing, Verification & Certification Company
SGS Canada is an Employment Equity Employer
- This position requires a college diploma or university degree in a related field (Civil Technology) with at least three years experience in the field as a Technologist.
- A class 5 Driver’s License is mandatory with clean abstract for last three years.
- Must be proficient in using various types of computer software (Word, Excel. PowerPoint & Outlook).
- Thorough knowledge of testing and inspection methodologies and standard procedures.
- Experience to perform various tests and inspections as mentioned in the core responsibilities.
- Proficiency to use/ operate test and inspection equipment and devices.
- Experience to record test results, write brief reports.
- Understanding of related technical standards and industry terminologies.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Must demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills including grammar and composition.
- Good team player with sense of responsibility.
- Excellent planning, organization, and decision making skills.
- Ethical with high level of integrity.
- Ability to work well as part of a team & independently.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Calgary, AB, CA
Posted on: 2014-09-10