OverviewGeorgian College General Maintenance Worker Contract in Innisfil, ON
Branch Innisfil ON CA
General Maintenance Worker
Servicing and repairing equipment, vehicles, buildings and building equipment using basic automotive, electrical, mechanical, plumbing and carpentry skills….
THIS IS A CONTRACT (PART-TIME) POSITION. This position is located at the Kempenfelt Conference Centre in Innisfil, Ontario and the hours of work are non-traditional including weekends.
Reporting to the General Manager, the incumbent performs general maintenance duties related to the Kempenfelt Conference Centre. Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Servicing and repairing equipment, vehicles, buildings and building equipment using basic automotive, electrical, mechanical, plumbing and carpentry skills
- Performing preventative maintenance on vehicles, buildings and equipment
- Maintaining grounds as required, including removing snow and operating mechanized equipment
- Responding to staff and department service needs
- Responding to client requests for meeting room, guest room and property service needs
- Setting up conference rooms and audio visual equipment
- Troubleshooting AV, Wifi and basic computer issues
- Assisting with minor renovations, painting, etc.
- Removing garbage and performing general caretaker duties as required
- Successfully completed a secondary school diploma
- Three years’ experience in a similar environment performing basic construction, renovation and repairs using automotive, carpentry, plumbing, mechanical, and electrical skills
- Experience in a customer service role in order to greet clients, provide general assistance, and fulfill requests
- Experience removing snow (with a tractor / and plow truck) and salting and sanding with a spreader
- Proven knowledge and experience troubleshooting basic audio / visual equipment (sound systems, projectors, microphones, etc.), wifi and computers
- Previous experience performing minor renovations, painting, etc.
- Communication skills (both written and verbal) in order to respond to general inquiries, provide directions, and order supplies
- Planning and time management skills in order to prioritize multiple jobs and be detail oriented
- Ability to manually shovel snow from entrance ways and stairs
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment
- Ability to work weekends and non-traditional hours is required
- G Class driver’s license needed to drive college vehicles
- Previous experience working within a hotel / conference operation would be considered an asset
Note* The Kempenfelt Conference Centre is located at 3722 Fairway Road, Innisfil, ON and is not serviced by public transportation.
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Innisfil, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-08-01