OverviewGeorgian College Compensation and Benefits Officer Contract in Barrie, ON
Branch Barrie ON CA
Compensation and Benefits Officer
Processing regular payroll changes and updating/maintaining the Human Resource Information System (HRIS) / Human Capital Management (HCM)….
THIS IS A TEMPORARY REPLACEMENT POSITION FOR A BARGAINING UNIT EMPLOYEE. Terms and conditions of employment are as outlined in the Support Staff Collective Agreement.
Reporting to Manager, Compensation and HRIS, the incumbent is responsible for processing payroll and administering benefit and pension coverage for sessional, partial load and part time faculty, as well as non-full-time support and administrative staff. Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing information and clarification to employees regarding Human Resources procedures and payroll processes
- Processing regular payroll changes and updating/maintaining the Human Resource Information System (HRIS) / Human Capital Management (HCM)
- Reviewing non-full-time faculty contract information entered by academic areas on the Contract Bolt On (CBO), approving the contracts, and providing initial troubleshooting to CBO users as required
- Completing salary evaluations for non-full-time faculty
- Administering partial-load benefit changes including monitoring partial-load sick time, beneficiary designations, maternity leave implications, changes to dependant coverage, retiree coverage, etc.
- Communicating with employees regarding pension matters such as: answering inquiries, providing pension estimates, discussing pension pay-out options, processing pre-enrolments, transfers and buy-backs
- Providing documentation to CAAT regarding marital status, beneficiary designation, pension options, service and date of birth
- Generating reports from the HRIS/HCM and conducting analysis’ on various information to ensure adherence to the collective agreement, procedures, etc.
- Providing back-up coverage in the department as required
- Successfully completed a three year post-secondary diploma/degree in a relevant field of study that may include, but is not limited to accounting or business administration
- Completion of Canadian Payroll Association (CPA) courses would be an asset
- Three years of experience working with compensation and payroll in a fast paced payroll/HR or Accounting/Finance department
- Experience working with and interpreting Collective Agreements/policies & procedures
- Proven computer skills using the Microsoft Office Suite and email applications to generate reports, prepare documents and manipulate spreadsheets
- Demonstrated understanding and experience with a computerized HRIS/HCM (preferably PeopleSoft version 9.0 or higher)
- Interpersonal, customer service and communication (oral/written) skills in order to communicate information and provide explanations and/or clarification with tact and diplomacy
- Must be detail oriented with mathematical, analytical and problem solving skills to calculate payroll information (i.e. salary evaluations, retroactive payment adjustments, pension estimates, etc.)
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize effectively in a fast paced deadline driven environment juggling multiple tasks to ensure timelines are met
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Barrie, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-08-18