Employment Type: Temporary
Posted on: 2015-03-21
George Brown College Employment Services Recruitment Specialist Temporary in Toronto, ON
George Brown College
Branch Toronto ON CA
Employment Services Recruitment Specialist
Proficient computer literacy in Microsoft Office applications and applicant tracking systems. The incumbent ensures that the College and its managers act in…
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Employment Services and operating as part of the Employment Services administrative team, the Recruitment Specialist is responsible for providing comprehensive services in all aspects of talent management (recruitment, selection, onboarding, etc.) of Support staff positions in accordance with the College’s key strategic goals and objectives. The incumbent shares responsibility with the Staffing Consultant as it relates to employment for providing guidance and direction to supervisors regarding the importance of good staffing decisions, correct policies and procedures required in hiring full-time Support staff. Staffing, recruitment and selection are key activities towards achieving the College’s strategic academic goals and objectives. The incumbent ensures that the College and its managers act in accordance with the collective agreements and government legislation as it relates to recruitment and employment. The incumbent is also responsible for acting as a resource to the Support Staff Job Evaluation Committee, and for assisting the Senior HR Consultants with their line managers in drafting revisions to Support staff job descriptions as required.
- Provides full support to the full cycle of the recruitment and selection process for Support Staff appointments.
- Researches appropriate recruitment vehicles and assists in the development of recruitment outreach programs aimed at contributing to a diverse workforce that promotes, reflects, and supports our diverse College community.
- As a Human Resources professional, contributes to student success by interfacing directly with students to provide HR information related to case studies, projects, etc., as required.
- Serves as the HR Representative on Support Staff job competitions.
- Assists with the implementation and development of various talent acquisition activities in relation to sourcing strategies to attract top talent. Manages internal and external advertisements of assigned Support positions using a variety of recruitment tools.
- Conducts pre-employment testing, reference checks and makes job offers on Support Staff competitions.
- Provides leadership, guidance and direction on selection committees, while ensuring compliance with collective agreements and relevant employment legislation.
- Provides strategic coaching to hiring managers on best practices to support selection and recruitment outcomes.
- Attends grievance meetings pertaining to assigned Support Staff job competition grievances and provides input.
- Participates in employee on-boarding and new hire orientation.
- Responsible for preparing Support Staff Seniority reports.
- Assists in the continuous improvement of HR policies and procedures relating to staffing and ensuring consistency with College goals and values.
- Acts as a resource to the Support Staff Job Evaluation committee by providing materials, relevant comparator positions, and presents background information to the Committee on job descriptions that are submitted for review.
- Manages the Support Staff position description files and maintains up-to-date data base of evaluation results.
- Prepares memoranda and HR/Payroll forms to process salary increases and employee record changes resulting from position evaluations.
- Provides assistance to Managers in drafting revisions to Support Staff job descriptions for departments across the College as required.
- Provides back up to the HR Staffing Consultant; supports the HR team on projects as required.
- Successful completion of a three year degree or diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution in a related discipline with certification in Human Resources Management with an emphasis on recruitment; CHRP designation preferred.
- Minimum five years of practical experience with high volume full cycle recruitment in a unionized environment where a large proportion of job responsibilities include complex hiring and staffing initiatives.
- Experienced in writing detailed job descriptions and working knowledge of point factor job evaluation systems.
- Excellent business writing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and customer service skills; ability to work as a team player with a collaborative approach to working with College-wide departments.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills; proven ability to work effectively under pressure.
- A high level of attention to detail, accuracy and follow-up.
- Demonstrated business professionalism, respect for confidentiality and appropriate handling of sensitive information.
- Proficient computer literacy in Microsoft Office applications and applicant tracking systems.
- Ability to demonstrate leadership in a unionized environment with a diverse student and staff population.
- An understanding of the value of employment equity and diversity as it relates to organizational development and business planning.
Interview process may consist of a practical skills component
The College requires proof of degrees, credentials or equivalencies from accredited regional or federal post-secondary institutions and/or their international equivalents. Credentials may require validation at the time of interviews.