OverviewGeneral Electric Sales Representative (Chemistry)-1 yr contract Full Time in Saskatchewan
Branch SK CA
Sales Representative (Chemistry)-1 yr contract
The Sales Representative is responsible for the effective and profitable management of assigned customer accounts and developing new business from prospecting…
GE has confirmed it is exploring options for selling the Water & Process Technologies business. The plan to divest the business is a strategic decision that provides an opportunity to reposition the business for growth and further invest for long-term success. Water & Process Technologies will operate business as usual through this process and will continue to meet its commitments to its valued customers and employees. This includes hiring strong talent to help the business grow and be successful. GE is targeting to complete the sale of the business by mid-2017.
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The Sales Representative is responsible for the effective and profitable management of assigned customer accounts and developing new business from prospecting to close. Full responsibility for driving, penetrating and owning customer relationship. Responsible for growth targets, budgets and customer service resolution.
Primarily focused on developing new business from prospecting to close and growing & maintaining existing account(s)
– Works with current customers to provide value & meet service needs.
– Participates in sales calls to develop new accounts.
– Outlines, presents and sells the value of our products and services that can benefit our customer needs.
– Participates in plant visits to gather samples, observe instruments, and obtain information and analyzes/interpret results and reports any corrective actions to the customer.
– Conducts required training of operating personnel to ensure their understanding of the parameters under which their equipment operates.
– Builds upon internal relationships and starts to develop strong relationships with customers.
– Leverages client input for feedback to commercial teams (Marketing and Sales) in new product development and industry trends. Develop and manage penetration
strategies for key target accounts, with external and internal stakeholder input
– Partners with peers and management to enhance selling techniques and approaches.
– Effectively coordinates relationships and interfaces with Commercial Operations, Technical Marketing, Product management and other functions.
– Documentation of observations at plant visits updates and contributes final reports intended for an internal audience.
– Is able to effectively manage time and budget or expense parameters
– Experience in direct sales, account, or team leadership or industry operations
– B.S. Degree or Diploma in Biology, Chemistry, Biology, Sciences or Engineering (Chemical, Industrial, or Mechanical), OR Bachelors Degree in a technical discipline plus 4 years experience in the water treatment field.
– Ability and willingness to work in range of environments to include but not limited to industrial facilities, manufacturing facilities, and power industry facilities
– Demonstrated sales/people skills and/or aptitude.
– The candidate must possess solid communication skills (both written and verbal).
– Candidate should have a proven sales record or show that he/she has the aptitude to succeed in a technical and relationship driven business.
– Demonstrated computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
– The candidate must be willing to work independently (after proper training) and be a self-starter.
– Must be available for overnight travel to customers
– Ability and willingness to travel within territory. Travel requirements for the position will be discussed further during interview process.
– Solid experience in business development or building growth plans is preferred
– Strategic or product marketing exposure
– Customer-centric mindset, able to translate customer issues/needs into profitable business solutions
– Able to effectively interface with all levels of internal and external customers
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
· Integrative team working style
Locations: Canada ; Saskatchewan; Saskatchewan
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: , SK, CA
Posted on: 2017-01-25