OverviewGeneral Electric Material Technical Advisor – Locomotives – GE Transportation Full Time in Winnipeg, MB
Branch Winnipeg MB CA
Material Technical Advisor – Locomotives – GE Transportation
Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in a Technical discipline from an accredited college or university (or Associate’s Degree in Technical discipline with a minimum of…
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
At GE Transportation, we move the world. We are a global digital industrial leader and supplier to the rail, mining, marine, stationary power and drilling industries. Our solutions help customers deliver goods and services with greater speed and greater savings using our advanced manufacturing techniques, industry expertise and connected machines. Established more than a century ago, GE Transportation is a division of GE that began as a pioneer in passenger and freight locomotives. That innovative spirit still drives GE Transportation today. It’s the engine of change that puts us at the forefront of transportation technology, software, and analytics. And it’s why we continue to find-and realize-the potential that keeps our connected world moving forward. The GE Transportation Global Headquarters is located in Chicago, Illinois. There are over 65 service sites worldwide.
GE Transportation helps Canadian railroads continuously improve the reliability of their GE heavy haul locomotive fleet. Our technical advisers engage across the railroad network to improve asset availability throughout Canada and the US.
The Material Technical Advisor provides locomotive expertise in an advisory capacity to railroad customers, operating on-site at a Railroad Locomotive Repair Center. In this role, you will represent GE to the customer by providing technical solutions and timely OEM replacement parts.
- Represent GE in the customer facility by providing technical information, workscopes, troubleshooting, and recommended repairs for locomotive maintenance.
- Use your technical network to escalate technical concerns and engage remote GE technical resources to solve local customer problems.
- Develop and maintain strong customer relationships at all levels within the customer shop.
- Actively communicate within the shop and with the expanded GE network to ensure technical accuracy and appropriate urgency.
- Understand applicable industry regulations (Transport Canada / FRA / AAR).
- Understand and apply all environmental, health, and safety rules to work safely and actively participate in a positive safety culture.
- Maintain GE assets at the customer site (material, IT, intellectual property, tooling).
- Monitor inventory levels against targets and proactively identify changes to safety stocks to support customer needs.
- Follow controllership procedures to maintain GE’s inventory of replacement parts. This includes part ordering, expediting, receiving, stocking, inventory, and delivery.
- Perform material handling (unpack, move, pack) with 100% compliance to safety guidelines.
- Maintain the highest level of integrity and ethics in dealing with all customers and external suppliers.
You will be based at our customer’s rail site in Winnipeg, MB.
Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in a Technical discipline from an accredited college or university (or Associate’s Degree in Technical discipline with a minimum of 2 years of professional work experience, or a High School Diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of Operations or Military experience).
- Willing and able to work various shifts on various days in a 24/7/365 environment.
- Willing and able to work in a shop environment with significant time on the floor or on locomotives.
- Willing and able to follow railroad site safety procedures.
- Willing and able to travel as required for work, up to 20%.
- BS degree in Engineering from an accredited college or university.
- High energy self-starter comfortable interacting with the customer at all levels in a deadline-driven environment.
- Prior locomotive maintenance and troubleshooting experience.
- Heavy diesel engine maintenance and troubleshooting experience.
- Strong applied electrical troubleshooting background (AC & DC).
- Experience in material transactions and inventory management using Oracle.
- Strong communicator and influencer across cross-functional teams.
- Able to motivate teams and lead change across the organization.
Locations: Canada; Manitoba; Winnipeg
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Winnipeg, MB, CA
Posted on: 2018-01-11