OverviewGeneral Dynamics Technical Infrastructure Analyst Network Full Time in Calgary, AB
Branch Calgary AB CA
Technical Infrastructure Analyst Network
Network Operating System Support. Contribute to the design, implementation and maintenance of the disaster recovery plan for IT related applications and systems…
Perform a variety of professional, technical and analytical duties in the operation of the enterprise, Network environment. Provide day to day support and customer interaction for break fix and troubleshooting issues including proactive maintenance for the Network Environment. A portion of time will be used to support the designs, analysis, plans and implementation of IT projects in regards to Network Systems.
- Analyze, detect, identify and correct technical problems and deficiencies.
- Service request completion. Including updating and communicating customers
- Determines proper installation parameters for software and hardware, for smooth integration, transition and efficiency
- Installation and configuration of Network related software(s)
- Network Hardware support
- Network Operating System Support
- Application and recommendation of updates, patches and hot-fixes to network systems
- Document hardware and software inventory
- Process and procedure creation and documentation
- Monitor and collect data on system performance
- Assist and train customers
- Performs physical cleanup of work areas
- Ensure that all devices meet or exceed Security and Corporate policy requirements
- Contribute to the design, implementation of new technologies
- Ability to research errors using online resources
- Self-maintain technical skill sets
- Contribute to the design, implementation and maintenance of the disaster recovery plan for IT related applications and systems
- Seeks to identify areas of improvements to the IT infrastructure to meet evolving users and customer requirements, challenges.
- Develops key relationships. Work with third party vendors and peers from other General Dynamics Business units
- After hours support to ensure availability, integrity and introduction of new and existing services
- Performs related duties as assigned
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Minimum of 4 to 5 years of related experience and strong technical knowledge in one or more of the following areas:
- Cisco Architecture and Hardware
- Cisco Prime Tool
- Wireless Infrastructure
- Voice/Video Over IP
- OSPF and EIGRP
- Expert knowledge of standard and emerging layer 2 technologies such as STP, MPLS, VPNs, Ethernet, DSL and Frame Relay
- Load Balancing including hardware appliances and software load balancing such as NLB and SLB
- Virtual Routing
- Firewall Administration and Implementation
- Nessus Application
- Pearl Scripting
- Network Security
Bachelor’s degree in an IT related discipline or related field is preferable or College level diploma with significant background and experience in IT
Applicants will be required to obtain/hold a valid and current Canadian security clearance to gain access to the classified spaces, information and equipment in order to perform the work associated with this position which requires a minimum 5 year consecutive residence in Canada.
Company Description General Dynamics Mission Systems – Canada (GDMS-Canada) is one of this country’s premier defence company. We have achieved a global reputation for providing leading-edge, technology based solutions to the armed forces in over 20 countries – from NATO to the Pacific Rim. GDMS-Canada is a company built on the ideas of our employees. We give our people the support and team support necessary to realize their goals. We have a tremendous group of over 1,000 highly talented, creative and committed engineers, technologists and business professionals who are responsible for our continued success and growth.
It is up to us to ensure that our people are continually encouraged and challenged to grow both personally and professionally. As a company reliant on its people, we use an interactive team concept. Participation in various projects and on integrated product teams lets employees acquire new skills, or expand existing ones. Career paths here at GDMS-Canada are always evolving. We encourage and support our employees through training and career development and proven performance enhancement methods. Whenever possible, we promote from within the company. Our managers are not just bosses but mentors who have a vested interest in their employees getting the most relevant training. In addition to flextime, social events and fitness facilities, we offer a very competitive salary environment and generous benefits.
GDMS-Canada can accommodate job applicants with disabilities during the selection process. Please contact human resources if you have any questions on our disability accommodation policies
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Calgary, AB, CA
Posted on: 2015-09-23