General Dynamics Mission Systems Canada Systems Engineer, P3 Working Full Time in Dartmouth, NS
General Dynamics Mission Systems Canada
Branch Dartmouth NS CA
Systems Engineer, P3 Working
Understanding of Software Engineering principles. Experience with Systems Engineering processes and tools. Interface with specialty engineering disciplines to…
At General Dynamics Mission Systems–Canada, Canada’s premiere defence company, innovation happens on a daily basis. We develop and deliver highly-complex leading edge technology, products and systems that make important contributions to our customer’s success in land, airborne, maritime and public safety applications. The challenges and opportunities are endless.The results – incredible.
Our employees are exceptional. We are proud to employ more than 1,100 talented individuals across Canada. Working in a collaborative environment, our employees are encouraged daily to contribute their technical knowledge and expertise. Our employees are passionate, dedicated, and conscientious about the work they do which results in our ability to deliver the highest value, customized solutions in order to meet the most demanding requirements.
Want to be part of the team that delivers the most advanced underwater warfare technology in the world? General Dynamics Mission Systems–Canada is looking for Systems Engineers to join our Sonar Products team as they develop and deliver sonar systems for both domestic and international Navy customers. Our sonar systems expand the defensive perimeter of the ship and enhance the ability to detect underwater threats.
The Systems Engineers will work within Agile Scrum teams to perform requirements definition and system design for the sonar system, Underwater Data Management System (UDMS) software and hardware, and sensor subsystems. The Systems Engineers will work closely with the Software and System Integration Validation & Verification (SIV&V) teams, and will follow the Scrum framework for software development. As a member of a Scrum team, the successful candidates will work together to design, implement, integrate, and test software and system features for the product.
The responsibilities and range of activities will vary depending on experience, but in general will include:
- Work cooperatively within a Scrum team or within multiple Scrum teams.
- Develop, document, and manage requirements for system and subsystem specifications.
- Conduct requirements analysis and flow down activities.
- Identify, resolve, and track requirement issues.
- Develop, document, and manage the system, subsystem and software design.
- Develop, document, and manage system and subsystem interfaces.
- Support and technical oversight for suppliers responsible for provision of subsystems.
- Interface with specialty engineering disciplines to ensure the optimum system design.
- Support Software Team in implementation of UDMS system design.
- Support the SIV&V Team in integration and verification of the software, subsystems, and system.
- Develop, document, and manage the ship installation design.
- Participate in reviews, inspections and audits including PDR, CDR, TRR, PRR, FCA and PCA.
- Support to installation, set to work, integration and acceptance on the ship.
- Report progress and status.
The following knowledge and experience is essential:
- 5+ years of systems Engineering experience with complex electronic systems
- Experience in requirements development, and system design
- Experience with requirements management tools
- Experience with Systems Engineering processes and tools
- Understanding of Software Engineering principles
- Experience supporting System Integration and System Verification
- Experience working in multi-disciplinary teams
- Demonstrate strong problem solving skills and ability to conduct analysis leading to good conclusions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with technical writing
- Enthusiastic contributor, willing to learn new skills, and takes pride and ownership of work
- Ability to work effectively independently and in a team environment, with minimum supervision
The following knowledge and experience is desirable:
- Knowledge of agile and/or iterative development methods
- Knowledge of data management systems
- Knowledge or background in underwater acoustics and submarine detection
- Knowledge of functional behaviour of sensor systems
- Experience with DOORS
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, or applicable scientific discipline is required.
Candidates with diplomas will be considered with adequate additional experience.
Minimum 10 year consecutive residence in Canada – for Canadian Secret Security Clearance
Applicants will be required to obtain/hold a valid and current Canadian security clearance to gain access to the classified spaces, information and equipment in order to perform the work associated with this position.
General Dynamics Mission Systems – Canada is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace. Workplace accommodations are available.