OverviewGeneral Dynamics Mission Systems Canada Mechanical Engineer Coop – 4 Months Contract in Calgary, AB
General Dynamics Mission Systems Canada
Branch Calgary AB CA
Mechanical Engineer Coop – 4 Months
Generate Mechanical Engineering specifications & documentation; General Dynamics Mission Systems Canada has a requirement for a Mechanical Engineering CO-OP to…
General Dynamics Mission Systems Canada has a requirement for a Mechanical Engineering CO-OP to join the Mechanical Engineering Department. The successful candidate will be expected to support Mechanical Design development and test activities across numerous GD Canada products with broad application on vehicles ranging from the M1A1 main battle tank, Maritime Helicopter, Aurora & AWAC aircraft, and Naval vessels .
- Provide Mechanical design support of a limited scope and complexity;
- Analyze and develop innovative solutions to overcome design challenges that are mechanical in nature;
- Generate Mechanical Engineering specifications & documentation;
- Interface with more senior mechanical engineering staff when designing/documenting parts & assemblies;
- Interface with Configuration Management department personnel for drawing changes and release;
- Provide technical support in performing mechanical design verification and product qualification tests;
- Provide technical support to more senior engineers and management as required;
Desired Skills & Experience
- Excellent communication and time management skills;
- Capable of working in a fast paced environment;
- Able to present and communicate to a broad team;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Knowledge of Finite Element Analysis tools and techniques
- Knowledge of Computational Fluid Dynamics tools and techniques
- Knowledge of Computer Aided Design and Database tools and techniques
- Knowledge of Environmental Test Methods
Third/Fourth year Mechanical Engineering Student or Equivalent
What’s in it for you?
- A truly unique experience
- Highly-complex programs, projects, and products that make a difference around the world
- Dynamic and diverse team environment
- Flexible work environment
- Access to a wide variety of recreational activities and events
- Highly competitive compensation
- The only limits are those you set for yourself…
Minimum 10 year consecutive residence in Canada – for Canadian Secret Security Clearance
Applicants will be required to obtain/hold a valid and current Canadian security clearance to gain access to the classified spaces, information and equipment in order to perform the work associated with this position.
Company Description General Dynamics Mission Systems- Canada is one of Canada’s premier defence companies. We have achieved a global reputation for providing leading-edge, technology based solutions to the armed forces in over 20 countries – from NATO to the Pacific Rim. General Dynamics Mission Systems-Canada is a company built on the ideas of our employees. We give our people the support and team support necessary to realize their goals. We have a tremendous group of over 1,100 highly talented, creative and committed engineers, technologists and business professionals who are responsible for our continued success and growth.
It is up to us to ensure that our people are continually encouraged and challenged to grow both personally and professionally. As a company reliant on its people, we use an interactive team concept. Participation in various projects and on integrated product teams lets employees acquire new skills, or expand existing ones. Career paths here at General Dynamics Mission Systems- Canada are always evolving. We encourage and support our employees through training and career development and proven performance enhancement methods. Whenever possible, we promote from within the company. Our managers are not just bosses but mentors who have a vested interest in their employees getting the most relevant training. In addition to flextime, social events and fitness facilities, we offer a very competitive salary environment and generous benefits.
General Dynamics Mission Systems– Canada is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace. Workplace accommodations are available. Please contact Human Resources if you have any questions on our disability accommodation policies.
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Calgary, AB, CA
Posted on: 2018-01-10