OverviewGeneral Dynamics Marketing Communication Specialist Intermediate – Casual On Call Part Time in Ottawa, ON
Branch Ottawa ON CA
Marketing Communication Specialist Intermediate – Casual On Call
Improve usage of social media channels, including introduction of new channels where appropriate, and providing a weekly digital media analysis for our website…
MAX 20 HOURS a WEEK
The Marketing Communications Specialist will support public relations activities, branding and marketing initiatives including social media engagement and analytics. This amazing role is perfect for a team player who isn’t afraid to roll up their sleeves and make things happen.
- Manage and maintain the Marketing/Communications Intranet site, including a library of all associated assets (photography, advertising, communication briefs, calendars, schedules and other related artifacts)
- Assist in the delivery of external communications, including events and marketing campaigns.
- Assist in the implementation of the digital/social media strategy and associated analytics
- Assist in the implementation of the internal communications strategy
- Manage the Marketing/Communications Intranet site, writing, uploading and managing content/artifacts as required.
- Keep current the annual calendar of events and associated deadlines
- Support the execution of a wide range of internal and external events, including Town Halls, Exhibitions and Demos.
- Improve usage of social media channels, including introduction of new channels where appropriate, and providing a weekly digital media analysis for our website and social media channels
- Assist in the development of a wide array of materials, including presentations, articles, key messages, brochures, web content, social media posts, Q&A’s, etc.
- Co-ordinate the weekly e-newsletter and regular communication materials developed as part of the internal communications strategy.
- Shoot still imagery and video.
- Work as a successful team member in a collaborative, cooperative work environment.
- Work in line with business units and corporate policy.
- Carry out ad-hoc projects, as required.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail, with ability to proof read.
- Able to work to a high standard with short deadlines.
- Proficiency in the use of common marketing communications software applications (Microsoft Office, Adobe, Hootsuite – or related Social Media applications, Ingeniux – or related Content Management Software, SharePoint, Google Analytics )
- Degree-level education, preferably in communications, marketing, business studies, journalism or public relations or demonstrated equivalent experience.
Applicants will be required to obtain/hold a valid and current Canadian security clearance to gain access to the classified spaces, information and equipment in order to perform the work associated with this position which requires a minimum 10 year consecutive residence in Canada.
Company Description General Dynamics Mission Systems – Canada (GDMS-Canada) is one of this country’s premier defence company. We have achieved a global reputation for providing leading-edge, technology based solutions to the armed forces in over 20 countries – from NATO to the Pacific Rim. GDMS-Canada is a company built on the ideas of our employees. We give our people the support and team support necessary to realize their goals. We have a tremendous group of over 1,000 highly talented, creative and committed engineers, technologists and business professionals who are responsible for our continued success and growth.
It is up to us to ensure that our people are continually encouraged and challenged to grow both personally and professionally. As a company reliant on its people, we use an interactive team concept. Participation in various projects and on integrated product teams lets employees acquire new skills, or expand existing ones. Career paths here at GDMS-Canada are always evolving. We encourage and support our employees through training and career development and proven performance enhancement methods. Whenever possible, we promote from within the company. Our managers are not just bosses but mentors who have a vested interest in their employees getting the most relevant training. In addition to flextime, social events and fitness facilities, we offer a very competitive salary environment and generous benefits.
General Dynamics Mission Systems – Canada is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace. Workplace accommodations are available. Please contact Human Resources if you have any questions on our disability accommodation policies.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Ottawa, ON, CA
Posted on: 2016-06-03