OverviewGebo Cermex Process Engineer-Food and Beverages Full Time in Laval, QC
Branch Laval QC CA
Process Engineer-Food and Beverages
Bachelor’s degree in food engineering or chemical engineering. Overall management of engineering projects – internal and external coordination….
The project manager is involved from the beginning to the end of an engineering project in the field of food and utility processes associated with packaging lines. He provides the necessary data required by the project specialist to build the service offer (preliminary design of the pre-contractual phase).
He supports the overall project management. As the project manager, he coordinates all activities with other departments of Gebo Cermex group and external consulting firms for the project. He assures the start of the project and oversees the execution of works, by optimizing the use of human and material resources, this, according to the quality standards of Gebo Cermex group.
The project manager establish contractual arrangements with equipment suppliers and contractors for the execution of works. He will manage the various agreements in order to achieve the objectives of the contract and serve clients according to the standards of the group.
- Overall management of engineering projects – internal and external coordination
- Monitoring project deadlines
- Monitoring respect of project costs
- Monitoring the respect of quality procedures according to the standards of the GEBO CERMEX group
- Assessment, planning and management of human and material resources
- Monitoring the achievement of objectives specified in the contract
- Client satisfaction
- Contribution to the improvement of methods and procedures of the department
- Coordinate the implementation of the packaging line design
- Prepare and write technical specifications and proposal documents
- Produce project progress reports
- Leading project closure
- Negotiating and monitoring contractual agreements.
Bachelor’s degree in food engineering or chemical engineering
Engineer of 5 years of experience, including 2 years as project manager. Experience in negotiation and management of contract performance.
Skills / Specific Knowledge
Knowledge in steam system development, compressed air supply, cooling, etc.
Ability to speak and write correctly in French and English
Knowledge of equipment used in the beverage industry and packaging lines
Knowledge of design concepts and installation of packaging lines
Knowledge of the concepts of ” balance line flow ”
Knowledge of conveyor technology
Extensive knowledge of various engineering disciplines (mechanical, electrical, industrial, processes)
Knowledge about the basics of industrial sector (production, logistics, project engineering, ergonomics, safety, etc.)
Control of different IT tools (MS Project, Excel, Powerpoint, Word)
Knowledge of project management approaches and techniques
Ability to provide rigorous financial monitoring
Knowledge of the concepts of development of P&ID and process control
Proven ability to focus on results, to meet deadlines and to prioritize
Ability to manage change
Ability to negotiate
Knowledge of mass and energy balance concepts
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Laval, QC, CA
Posted on: 2017-02-10