OverviewGE Vulnerability Researcher Intern (Summer 2015, 4 or 8 month) Job Internship in Vancouver, BC
Branch Vancouver BC CA
Vulnerability Researcher Intern (Summer 2015, 4 or 8 month) Job
Wurldtech’s internationally-recognized information security experts work extensively with both manufacturers and operators of critical infrastructure, and…
Job Number: 2026217 Business: GE Corporate Business Segment: Global Research About Us: About Us:
General Electric Company (NYSE: GE) is a place where you can live your dreams. Our global presence, innovation and financial strength help to make GE a dynamic place to work, giving you the advantage of a large company, with the agility of a small one – where individual voices are heard.
Founded in 2006 and acquired by GE in 2014, Wurldtech provides information security systems and services to industrial customers. Wurldtech’s internationally-recognized information security experts work extensively with both manufacturers and operators of critical infrastructure, and protect connected systems ranging from oil refineries, to smart meters on your home, to personal medical devices such as insulin pumps. We help our customers around the world assess and mitigate information security vulnerabilities to protect networks of internet connected devices and reduce the risk and cost of potential attacks. Posted Position Title: Vulnerability Researcher Intern (Summer 2015, 4 or 8 month) Career Level: CI Function: Engineering/Technology Function Segment: Leadership Programs Location: Canada U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces: British Columbia City: Vancouver Postal Code: V6E 3V7 Relocation Assistance: No Role Summary/Purpose: Position Title: Vulnerability Researcher Intern
GE Business: GE Software (Wurldtech)
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia
Duration: 4 or 8 months
Anticipated Start Date: May 2015
Number of positions: 1
Reporting to: Team Lead, Threat Intelligence Essential Responsibilities: The Position:
As the Student Vulnerability Researcher you will be joining a challenging and engaging environment as part of the Wurldtech Threat Intelligence team. In this role, you will have an opportunity to work alongside experienced professionals within the field of Computer Security and Reverse Engineering. You will gain exposure supporting the Threat Intelligence/Engineering department and assist the greater organization in achieving its annual goals and objectives as an active participant.
Nature of work:
In this role, your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to);
- Researching into new vulnerabilities/security issues in industrial control systems/software to create IPS/IDS signatures.
- Setting up and exploring new experimental security tools and research targets.
- Assisting development teams in testing security of Wurldtech products.
- Managing incoming 3rd party security feeds into internal systems and processes.
- Writing reports detailing vulnerabilities in systems/software in terms of their technical mechanism, impact, and how they could be mitigated. Qualifications/Requirements: Skills:
- Proven exposure and experience in Information Security (Reverse Engineering, CTF participation, Crackme’s or other security challenges).
- Ability to create tools and scripts to assist in automation of tasks (Python, LUA, shell scripting).
- Ability to read and understand a variety of programming languages (Python, Java, C/C++).
- Exposure to Assembly level programming and able to identify structures in assembly (x86, amd64, or ARM).
- Shows high energy, curiosity and a willingness to learn.
- College, University or Master’s Degree in course of completion in Engineering (Computer, Electrical, Software or Systems), Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent related discipline.
Candidates are to submit a cover letter, resume, and transcript. It is a mandatory requirement that you identify your school, cumulative GPA, and anticipated graduation date as part of the application process. Additional Eligibility Qualifications: Desired Characteristics: Desired:
- Preference for an 8 month term.
- 1-2 years of experience in a related field.
- Knowledge of cryptography and related technologies.
- Experience with IDA Pro/Hex rays, OllyDBG, or other disassemblers/debuggers.
Employment Type: Internship
Location: Vancouver, BC, CA
Posted on: 2014-12-17