OverviewGE Careers Wind Services Site Manager Full Time in Ontario
Branch ON CA
Wind Services Site Manager
GE Renewable Energy is a 9 billion dollar start-up that brings together one of the broadest product and service portfolios of the renewable energy industry….
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Canada works on things that matter. The best people and the best technologies taking on the toughest challenges. Finding solutions in energy, health and home, transportation and finance. Building, powering, moving and curing the world. Not just imagining. Doing. GE works. This is your chance to become a part of a company internationally known for its reputation as an innovative industry leader that will invest in your success and growth. GE has been recognized as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for 2016. Join GE Canada and help us make a real difference creating the next generation of products and services that will impact the world for generations to come. For more information visit our website at www.ge.com/ca and follow us on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/GE_Canada and YouTube at http://www.youtube.com/user/GECanada.
GE Renewable Energy is a 9 billion dollar start-up that brings together one of the broadest product and service portfolios of the renewable energy industry. With 13,000 employees present in more than 40 countries, and headquartered in Paris, GE Renewable Energy is backed-up by the resources of the world’s first digital industrial company. We take the earth’s most abundant resources – the strength of the wind, the force of water, and the heat of the sun, – and put them to work with breakthrough technology that unleashes their true possibilities. Combining onshore and offshore wind, hydro and innovative technologies such as concentrated solar power, GE Renewable Energy has installed more than 370 gigawatts capacity globally to make the world work better and cleaner.
role will serve as Site Manager at the Dufferin and Plateau Wind Site, in Shelburne, Ontario. The Wind Site Manager will direct all wind farm operations for maintenance and repair.
- Direct all Wind farm operations at site for maintenance and repair, focusing on EHS, performance and profitability and within the framework of the Op Plan.
- Develop strategy for improved maintenance diagnostic and operation to provide additional customer value and reduce cost of service.
- Direct the performance of Wind Field Operation within assigned contractual scope of responsibilities to customers.
- Present a positive professional face of GE in community and with the customer.
- Recruit, Develop, Retain and Manage personnel resources at sites driving professional standards and matrix development of personnel.
- Responsible for all phases of timely financial reporting, elimination of contractual liquidated damages, and availability of turbines.
- Bachelor or College degree from an accredited institution.
- At least 5 years experience in an electrical/mechanical service industry, preferably in power generation, with management and direct supervision experience.
- You MUST possess a valid drivers license and be able to travel in Canada/USA.
- You MUST possess an acceptable driving record.
- You MUST possess the ability to climb steel towers + 280′.
- You MUST be 18 years or older.
- You MUST be willing to submit to a background investigation and fit test as part of the selection process.
Locations: Canada ; Ontario; Shelburne, Orangeville, Toronto, Mississauga
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: , ON, CA
Posted on: 2017-01-24