OverviewGateway Casinos & Entertainment Limited. Lounge Server Full Time in Mission, BC
Gateway Casinos & Entertainment Limited.
Branch Mission BC CA
Create a premium experience for our valued guests, maximizing the service of food and/or beverage orders. 2 or more years experience in a similar high volume…
Property/Location: Chances Gaming Centre, Mission, BC
Who We Are
At Gateway Casinos & Entertainment we know that our remarkable team of 3,000 professionals in nine casinos and three community gaming centers is what makes us stand out in the Canadian Gaming and Hospitality industry. We hire great people for their professionalism and passion for exceptional customer service. By joining one of the largest casino companies in Canada, you will enjoy various career opportunities, a culture of continuous improvement, and the excitement of an environment that embraces diversity, integrity and fun. Share your passion for people and service! Welcome to Gateway.
Be part of the success of our trendy Lounge! If you pride yourself on professionalism then this is a fantastic opportunity to become part of our team. We are looking for dynamic, outgoing, and energetic people who love to create buzz and excitement. As a Promo Lounge Server you will increase guest loyalty by building a client network, selling and promoting events and products. Create a premium experience for our valued guests, maximizing the service of food and/or beverage orders.
A Great Fit,if You
- Engage well with others and love to provide an outstanding and personalized guest experience
- Are comfortable initiating conversations with guests
- Know how to have fun on the job and enjoy a public facing role
- Seek opportunities to share your expertise on menu items and events
- Work well under pressure, can juggle multiple tasks and thrive in a team setting
- Benefit from working flexible hours, evenings, and weekends
- Maintains and demonstrates expert knowledge of products, events, and promotions
- Takes guests’ orders, expedite and serves food and beverages accurately within time guidelines
- Participates in promotional activities including traditional and social media, events, and photo sessions
- Introduces or presents live entertainment as required
What You Will Require
- 2 or more years experience in a similar high volume restaurant (casual dining) environment
- Cash handling experience using POS system or cashier register
- Tourism, promotion, marketing, entertainment, or event training experience preferred
- Proven selling, marketing, and service skills in a dining, retail, or promotions environment
- Serving It Right Certificate
- Food Safe Level 1
- Effective public speaking skills and presence
- Trendy sense of style and attention to personal and property’s image
- Ability to carry up to 30lbs, specifically a fully loaded serving tray
- Successful In-house testing on knowledge of specialty food and beverage items
- Successful In-house testing on service delivery and promotional ability
What Is Next
If this is an opportunity you are interested in and your qualifications match the job described above; please apply electronically and early so that you dont miss this opportunity. This job will remain open and posted on Gateway Careers website until a competitive candidate pool is identified. Gateway is not responsible for the validity of jobs listed on other websites. We appreciate and thank you for your application. Only the most qualified candidates who are legally entitled to work in Canada will be contacted for pre-screening. In the event that you do not hear from us this time around, please feel free to apply for future vacancies.
Gateway is not accepting agency resumes for this position at the moment.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Mission, BC, CA
Posted on: 2015-01-25