Employment Type: Full Time
Posted on: 2016-12-07
FT Services Limited HSSE Advisor – Sarnia Full Time in Sarnia, ON
FT Services Limited
Branch Sarnia ON CA
HSSE Advisor – Sarnia
Professional certification or training in occupational health and safety Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP) designation or Construction Safety…
Reporting to the Site Manager your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Promote an organizational culture that empowers all personnel to be involved in HSSE matters and to pro-actively take action to reduce risk and to protect people and the environment
- Promote an organizational culture where incidents, hazards and opportunities for improvement are reported, discussed and addressed quickly and efficiently
- Ensure that incident investigations involve line management and target the identification and correction the root causes
- Work with line management to ensure that effective injury management plans are developed and implemented to ensure a speedy and safe return to work for all injured employees
- Provide technical guidance and operational support to Line Managers as required
- Assist with the preparation of the monthly site safety and environmental report. As a minimum the report shall include an analysis of Leadership Commitment Program and injury statistical data
- Ensure the HSSE content for orientations is appropriate for the site and includes required corporate information.
As the successful candidate your skills will include:
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in similar role or capacity within refining, construction and/or maintenance industries.
- 2-3 years field experience is essential
- A comprehensive knowledge of HSSE principles, practice and legislation
- Professional certification or training in occupational health and safety Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP) designation or Construction Safety Officer (NCSO) an asset.
- Completion of Industrial Safety and Loss Management program or equivalent, or;
- Completed university degree
- Proficient with computer software programs including by not limited to MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Project
We are committed to developing and training our people; by fostering collaboration, providing ongoing training opportunities and rewarding those who want to lead and exceed expectations. As a valued team member, you will receive a comprehensive total rewards package.