OverviewFortis Energy Field Operations Assistant Temporary in Penticton, BC
Branch Penticton BC CA
Field Operations Assistant
Determines processing priorities and/or consults with others as appropriate, acts to meet deadlines or follows up with others to ensure deadlines are met;…
Length of Temporary Job
Approximately 1 year
$23.37 per hour
# of Positions Available
Provides administrative and clerical support for the area and acts as an assistant to manager(s). Duties include:
- intercepts and processes clerical technical/administrative inquiries and considers complex alternatives to determine corrective action;
- prepares and/or composes a variety of correspondence, reports, presentation materials, charts and forms;
- determines processing priorities and/or consults with others as appropriate, acts to meet deadlines or follows up with others to ensure deadlines are met;
- reviews incoming correspondence, acts on when appropriate or redirects to appropriate place/ person;
- develops and communicates office procedures with Manager to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of office;
- sets up and maintains department filing systems, including creating new files as operations dictate; maintains bring forward files and follows up as required;
- opens and distributes incoming mail and other related correspondence. Organizes and arranges courier access and dropoff to locations for further handling, including locating and flagging file references related to items received; prepares outgoing mail for dispatch; administers the postage machine.
- maintains and updates various manulas/books such as Standards;
- maintains stationery levels and orders forms;
- maintains a variety of logs, records, information and spreadsheets.
Assists management to research, gather information and compile in reports & variance reviews. Uses own judgement to determine what information should be utilized in reports. Formats reports, analyzes information, takes action to resolve or advises Manager. May access SAP and Business Warehouse to compile reports.
Provides Construction and Operations Support as required.
Acts as the main administrative contact for office or department; answers enquiries, answers telephone arranges meetings, books attendees, facilities and arranges catering. May attend meetings and take minutes.
Arranges travel and accommodation reservations for department staff, including obtaining confirmation of reservations, initiating and processing forms to provide for issuance of cash advances. May administer petty cash fund by recording transactions and completing reimbursement for approval.
Checks and codes documents such as invoices and expense claims:
- checks and codes invoices for correct work order/account numbers for managerial approval;
- generate and process expense claims for field crews
Performs other duties of a minor nature including driving a vehicle which do not affect the value of the job.
- High school graduation including courses in business communications and office practices.
- Twelve (12) months directly related experience.
- Knowledge of computer systems operation, environment and peripherals.
- Working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet software and other applications in use in the department.
- Knowledge of administrative procedures including work organization, filing systems, mail and communication systems, and office equipment.
- Keyboarding skills
- Ability to type 60 words per minute.
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to prepare and format various types of correspondence, reports, presentation material, forms,charts and create spreadsheets.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Able to respond to enquiries, research information, analyze and investigate problems.
- Courteous and professional manner.
- Demonstrated ability to work without supervision.
- May require a valid BC Drivers license.
Subject to operational requirements, this position has an anticipated work schedule of Monday to Friday, 8:00am – 2:30pm (30 hours per week).
This is a part-time temporary role with an approximate length of 12 months.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Penticton, BC, CA
Posted on: 2015-08-16