OverviewFlynn Canada Limited IT Service Technician – TOR Full Time in Mississauga, ON
Flynn Canada Limited
Branch Mississauga ON CA
IT Service Technician – TOR
Respond to telephone calls, e-mails and other requests for technical support in a timely. Technical and non-technical writing of end user walk-through/how-to…
As the leader in building envelope construction, Flynn Group of Companies is seeking a dynamic individual for the role of IT Service Desk Technician to join the IT Department in the Mississauga branch.
At Flynn Group of Companies, we strive to deliver excellence, growth and innovative solutions in every aspect of our business. For over 30 years, we have enjoyed continuous success by providing high quality contracting services aimed to meet the diverse needs of our customers. Flynn Group of Companies takes pride in providing the best for our people, so it would only seem natural that we’d hire people with the drive to grow and excel, that enables them to be recognized as leaders in the industry! At Flynn, we recognize that our people are the greatest asset, and we provide our employees with the opportunity to take their career further.
Are you ready to experience “The Flynn Way”?
• Join a dynamic, fast-paced work environment
• Use your innovation and creativity
• Be part of a growing team and company
• Experience opportunities to learn and grow both personally and professionally
• Respond to telephone calls, e-mails and other requests for technical support in a timely
• A focus on customer service and demonstrate courteous and professional behavior.
• Ensure that all support requests are appropriately logged and managed within the ticketing system.
• Demonstrate a consistent sense of urgency and follow up on open issues to ensure a satisfactory and timely resolution is achieved.
• Ensure the ongoing protection and integrity of the IT systems.
• Manage, deploy and support computers, printers, peripherals, software, telephones, mobile devices and other technologies.
• Evaluate, recommend and implement solutions based on troubleshooting efforts.
• Prompt escalation of tickets to the appropriate teams or individuals.
• Maintain and update inventory and receipts on all computer equipment.
• Availability on an after-hours rotation with the other members of the team.
• Knowledge of computer hardware, networking, Active Directory, Exchange, software troubleshooting and installation, networked multifunction printer maintenance, VOIP and mobile phone configuration.
• Experience with Windows based desktop/server operating systems, and mobile device operating systems.
• Extensive knowledge on supporting and configuring client applications, Citrix, Terminal Services, Dynamics SL, Office 365, SharePoint, AutoCAD, BlackBerry Enterprise products, Air Watch, ShoreTel, Software updates, Sophos Antivirus, Imaging systems (MDT), and remote connectivity tools.
• General knowledge of a range of diagnostic and logging tools.
• Technical and non-technical writing of end user walk-through/how-to documentation for all technologies supported by the IT team.
• Manage complex IT processes in an efficient and effective manner in conjunction with Helpdesk Manager.
Education and required Skills:
• A self-starter, a passion for IT and the ability to work in a dynamic team environment
• Degree or diploma in Computer Science/Networking
• 1-2 years related work experience
• Microsoft or other industry certifications considered an asset
• Knowledge of ITIL and HDI foundations
• Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
• Exceptional written and oral skills
• Exceptional interpersonal skills
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Mississauga, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-05-22