OverviewFleming College International Services Assistant – Panama Project Part Time in Peterborough, ON
Branch Peterborough ON CA
International Services Assistant – Panama Project
This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to a new international program when Fleming College hosts groups of teachers from Panama to participate in a
This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to a new international program when Fleming College hosts groups of teachers from Panama to participate in a Canadian educational experience.
The incumbent will be the primary, on-site point of contact for Panamanian teachers studying at Fleming regarding any concerns or needs and refer issues as appropriate. Responsible for liaising with the local home stay provider regarding Panama teacher accommodation arrangements, the incumbent will also accompany the Panamanian Teacher group on cultural outings.
Additionally providing assistance to international student services by supporting arrival services, orientation, student communication, student events etc. as needed.
Important to success in this position will be the ability to be flexible, adaptable and accountable for assigned scheduled tasks, especially when unforeseen situations arise.
The successful candidate will:
- Possess a relevant combination of education and experience (minimum 2 years) in an academic customer service environment with an international focus in a related area
- Be completely fluent (verbal & written) in both Spanish & English
- Demonstrate a strong knowledge and respect of relevant Latin-American culture & traditions, including an understanding of culturally appropriate protocols
- Possess strong communications skills, including explaining concepts within an academic context
- Have excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to create and foster strong professional relationships
- Demonstrate proven success in a customer service focused environment, balancing competing priorities while working independently, with indirect supervision
- Demonstrate ability in utilizing a variety of software including word processing & spreadsheet applications
Type of Position Temporary Casual Part-Time
Hours per Week Up to 24 hours/week (Hours of work will fluctuate on a weekly basis and may include scheduled evening/weekend hours)
Pay Band Part-Time Pay Band 8
Hourly Rate $20.02/hour
Posted On Thursday May 21, 2015
Closing Date Thursday May 28, 2015 (12:00 pm)
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Peterborough, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-05-24