OverviewFircroft Warehouse Operator/Materials Management Contract in Alberta
Branch AB CA
Warehouse Operator/Materials Management
Provide exceptional customer service to internal Stakeholders in the Maintenance and Operations teams as well as external Stakeholders….
Our client, a large oil & gas producer, is seeking a Warehouse Operator to join their team. The position is to add staff for the Turnaround support. The schedule is 7on 7off Fly-In-Fly-Out working 12 hour days at site. Flights will be provided from either Calgary or Edmonton; a bus is also available from the Lac La Biche area.
As the Warehouse Operator, you will be a key link to the business in maintaining efficient operations. The position will execute inventory management activities and will be responsible for tracking and recording all material movement within SAP.
Environment, Health & Safety and Regulatory Performance is a critical component of our overall success and as such this position calls for a high level of excellence in respect to Health and Safety, requiring you to anticipate risk and ensure safety in the workplace is a priority.
This is a camp based position working a 7 days on/7 days off, fly in/fly out schedule with flights included from Calgary and Edmonton.
Performance Objectives :
- Assist in the development and implementation of new strategies for overall warehouse process improvements ensuring consistency and overall business improvement.
- Provide exceptional customer service to internal Stakeholders in the Maintenance and Operations teams as well as external Stakeholders.
- Manage material storage to ensure that storage and handling requirements are followed, damages are minimized, and errors are controlled
- Ensure storage & handling of materials in accordance with procedures and regulatory compliance
- Maintain high accuracy standards at all times
- Maintain reports and documentations as required including the maintenance and enhancement of relevant KPI’s
- Maintain training in WHMIS, TDG, H2S, Forklift, ABSA
- Follow regulatory compliance for handling and storage of PSV’s, PVRV, etc.
- Maintain knowledge of WHMIS, Transportation of Dangerous Goods Act as well as all related governing legislation
This position will offer the right candidate variety in their daily work life, learning opportunities and the chance to offer creative solutions. We are seeking an individual with a strong work ethic, who is self-motivated and able to work under minimal supervision. Our ideal candidate will possess excellent planning and organization skills and who has the ability to be influential and assertive when necessary. We require someone who is known as an open and honest team player, and who has a positive, engaging attitude.
- Minimum 3 – 5 years of warehousing and materials experience, preferably in the Oil and Gas industry
- Warehouseman’s or Partsman’s trades certification a significant asset
- Must have forklift certificate and experience on outdoor lift, narrow aisle, zoom-boom
- Oil and Gas materials management experience an asset
- Previous Turnaround experience is an asset
- Must be physically able to lift between 30-50 lbs.
- Must have working knowledge of SAP Material Management module , (or similar system) MS Word, and Excel are an asset
Tickets/Certifications Required Prior to Start Date :
Basic Firefighting and Fire Extinguisher Certificate
Driver’s Abstract (5 years)
Defensive Driving Course
H2S Alive Certificate
Standard First Aid & CPR Certificate
TDG – Transportation of Dangerous Goods Certificate
WHMIS – Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System Certificate
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft’s services.
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: , AB, CA
Posted on: 2018-01-10