OverviewFircroft Process Engineer Contract in Cold Lake, AB
Branch Cold Lake AB CA
Cold Lake, AB
Our client, a global oil producer, is seeking an experienced Process Engineer for their operations in Cold Lake, Alberta ….
Our client, a global oil producer, is seeking an experienced Process Engineer for their operations in Cold Lake, Alberta . This is a local position working Monday – Friday.
Evaluate and comment on discipline engineering work performed both internally and by Contractors and sub-contractors to ensure that work is being executed in accordance with project specifications, Company standards, and regulatory requirements. Facilitates effective execution of discipline engineering and design routines that align with the project’s goals, objectives, and procedures. Assures accurate and timely communication among the Project Team and Company Functions on discipline engineering activities, progress, and issues. In addition to technical ability, they should demonstrate sound communication, facilitation, and interpersonal skills.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Facilitate and coordinate discipline engineering technical work products
- Coordination and communication of various issues among the Company and contractor’s engineering team that affect the discipline engineering design, safety, and regulatory compliance of the work
- Evaluate / comment work performed by the Contractor and sub-contractors to insure that the work is being executed in accordance with project specifications, Company standards, and regulatory requirements. Includes review of discipline design drawings and documents
- Identify and assess deviations to Contract Technical Specifications and regulatory requirements
- Ensure that such deviations will be processed according to project procedures; maintains Deviation Control Log
- Steward discipline engineering queries from the Contractor and sub-contractors as well as technical information requests
- Keep Lead Engineer or Engineering Manager informed of discipline engineering progress, deviations, and execution concerns
- Participate in discipline engineering reviews at Contractor’s and subcontractor’s locations
- Drives and promotes capital efficiency in engineering design
- Support internal Company engineering general interest or Global Practice initiatives as requested by Supervisor
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Closely related professional experience
- Bachelors degree in Chemical Engineering or related engineering specialty, or equivalent professional experience
- Broad and extensive knowledge of discipline design standards, specifications, codes, and appropriate safety criteria
- Ability to adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads, and frequent changes in priorities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs
- Read, write, and speak fluent English, especially as it applies to technical and business communications
At least 20 years of related experience is preferred
Our client, a major owner/operating company, requires expertise for their ongoing oil sands mega-projects in Alberta.This position is open to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents only.
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft’s services.
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Cold Lake, AB, CA
Posted on: 2018-01-10