OverviewFinning Canada Health & Safety Advisor Full Time in Fort McMurray, AB
Branch Fort McMurray AB CA
Health & Safety Advisor
Fort McMurray, AB
The successful candidate will possess an Occupational Health & Safety Certificate or Diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution or current standing as…
This individual will be responsible for providing professional environment, health & safety (EHS) expertise and guidance to Finning, and will report directly to the Oilsands H&S Manager.
This team oriented individual will be proficient in MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint applications coupled with excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills. The ability to multi-task and root cause investigation experience would be considered an asset.
The successful candidate will possess an Occupational Health & Safety Certificate or Diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution or current standing as a Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP) and have a minimum of 5 years work experience in a similar position. An equivalent level of education and experience may be considered.
- This position will work a 7 on/7 off 12 hour continuous shift rotation cycle
- This position is on a temporary, full-time basis
- Successful external candidates shall be subject to a criminal records check
- Assisting branches in implementing corporate EHS programs effectively
- Acting as a “one window” EHS service provider for designated branches
- Providing professional expertise and guidance in all areas of EHS for the region including direction in incident management and investigation for local branches
- Participating in the development of corporate annual EHS work plans
- Delivering effective and interactive corporate EHS presentations, workshops and training programs
- Facilitating CNRL site and field groups to ensure their knowledge and compliance with Finning and site requirements and practices
We are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Fort McMurray, AB, CA
Posted on: 2015-08-18