OverviewFinney-Taylor Consulting Group SQL Server DBA; Production Support Contract in Edmonton, AB
Finney-Taylor Consulting Group
Branch Edmonton AB CA
SQL Server DBA; Production Support
Perform DBMS software installations, plan and test upgrades. Our Client’s Production Support Services group is responsible for assisting projects implement new…
Job Description : Our Client’s Production Support Services group is responsible for assisting projects implement new and updated applications into secured environments. These secured environments have separate duties (those that can make the change to the application cannot implement the change into User Acceptance Test (UAT) or Production) play an important role in application’s overall lifecycle. In addition to implementing applications, this group is also responsible for the day-to-day administration and maintenance of those environments. The services provided by the group are made available to all clients.
Must Have Primary Skills :
- Demonstrated DBA experience within a large complex environment (6 years)
- Experience with any version of SQL Server. (8 years)
- Experience with SQL Server 2012 (2 years)
- Experience with T-SQL (4 years)
Nice To Have Secondary Skills :
- The ability to learn quickly, problem solve/troubleshoot, work independently and in a team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group.
- Experience working in a Help Desk type of environment where the work is delivered through a ticket or email. (4 years)
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2012 or higher. (2 years)
- Knowledge of its business practices, information, data and technology requirements. (2 years)
- Experience working in an enterprise architected environment. (2 years)
- Demonstrated experience troubleshooting execution and performance issues within SQL Server 2012 or higher. (2 years)
Proven Experience In :
- Code, test and document related script modifications.
- Perform DBMS software installations, plan and test upgrades.
- Plan, test and implement software patches and application updates or upgrades.
- Disaster recovery preparation and testing.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation.
- Develop and automate system related procedures.
- Perform problem diagnosis, trouble shooting and resolution.
- Experience In at least 8 years of experience with/in SQL Server
- Experience In at least 6 years of experience with/in Database Administration
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Edmonton, AB, CA
Posted on: 2017-02-12