OverviewFinney-Taylor Consulting Group Project Manager – Records Management Contract in Edmonton, AB
Finney-Taylor Consulting Group
Branch Edmonton AB CA
Project Manager – Records Management
Graduation from post-secondary institution in an information or records management related discipline, or information/records management certification in a…
Job Description : Our Client requires a Project Manager to assist with the first project within a larger SharePoint initiative. This project will be developing and implementing a Governance Framework for their SharePoint environment.
Must Have Primary Skills :
- Experience in managing projects (through the entire life cycle – initiating, planning, executing, controlling and closing) for a an organization of comparable size and complexity
- Experience successfully implementing IM/IT solutions in a matrix environment
- Demonstrated experience in a role requiring strong interpersonal skills related to providing customer relationship management; including all of the following: understanding business priorities, pressures, and determining IM/IT needs of clients
- Demonstrated experience in managing the development of a full life cycle content management solution involving a combination of People, Process, and Technology.
Nice To Have Secondary Skills :
- Demonstrated experience in records management practice following industry standards, such as records retention and disposition, classification design and records imaging.
- Demonstrated experience in a role identifying and documenting business requirements, interpreting business needs and proposing improvements to increase the effectiveness of the business in an enterprise content management environment.
- Experience in negotiations and consensus building
- Demonstrated experience in a role requiring knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint 2010.
- Demonstrated experience utilizing Microsoft Office 2010 Suite; including all of the following MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project, MS Power Point, MS Outlook, MS Visio
- Currently active PMP or PgMP Certification as issued by the Project Management Institute or equivalent
- Graduation from post-secondary institution in an information or records management related discipline, or information/records management certification in a recognized industry program.
Proven Experience In :
- Lead the development and implementation of the SharePoint Governance Framework
- Lead other IM initiatives as per the unit strategic plan under the direction of the Director, Information Management
- Provide weekly status updates to the Director, Information Management. The format shall be agreed upon on service commencement.
The following deliverables and work products are to be produced:
- SharePoint Governance Framework
- Components of the Framework and associated timelines will be agreed upon contract commencement
- Deliverables, as required, resulting from IM initiatives and operational IM activities
- Work Products
- Work products, such as meeting minutes, interview notes, requirements produced during the course of the Project
- Other work products as required resulting from IM initiatives and operational IM activities
- Soft Skills
- Must Have at least 5 years of experience with/in Project Management
- Must Have at least 5 years of experience with/in Microsoft SharePoint
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Edmonton, AB, CA
Posted on: 2015-08-17