OverviewFinney-Taylor Consulting Group Jr. Field Support Technican Contract in Calgary, AB
Finney-Taylor Consulting Group
Branch Calgary AB CA
Jr. Field Support Technican
Experience In at least 5 years of experience with/in Technical Support. Oil and Gas software support preferred….
Job Description : Our large oil and gas client requires a Field Deskside Support Analyst for a 6 month + contract.
Must Have Primary Skills :
- Majority of the work will be remote field support from the clients downtown office. There will be several occasions where a week will be required to be in the field. All expenses are paid for.
- The technical skills include high level knowledge of Windows XP and Windows 7 Operating Systems, computer diagnostics and repair, Office 2003, 2007 and 2010.
- Candidates should have experience with enterprise management tools and imaging computers. Oil and Gas software support preferred.
- Must Have Primary Skills : Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills (Required).
- Basic ability to work independently and manage one’s time (Required)
- Basic knowledge of circuit boards, processors, electronic equipment and computer hardware and software (Required) Knowledge of computer software, such as configuration management software, desktop communications software, operating system software and internet directory services software (Required) Knowledge of VOIP phone systems and basic network administration preferred
Nice To Have Secondary Skills :
- Update knowledge and skills to keep up with rapid advancements in computer technology
- Provide technical support to designers, marketing and sales departments, suppliers, engineers and other team members throughout the product development and implementation process
- Test and verify hardware and support peripherals to ensure that they meet specifications and requirements, by recording and analyzing test data
- Monitor functioning of equipment and make necessary modifications to ensure the system operates in conformance with specifications Analyze information to determine, recommend, and plan layout, including type of computers and peripheral equipment modifications
- Work with end-users to develop an understanding of the needs and uses of their PC’s, including hardware, software and printers
- Analyze and diagnose problems reported by end-users Resolve complex end-user issues in consultation with Sr. and/or Lead Analyst Track and update all problem calls through corporate tracking system
- Be asked to take ownership over other various IT related projects
- Develop & Maintain Desktop Process documentation Assist in the evaluation of new computer hardware and software Offer suggestions to improving team development and practices
- Understanding of PC and Software Asset Management processes
- Ability to foster collaboration in a highly collaborative environment.
- Maintain PC’s and printer/plotters; minimizing downtime
- Install Work under guidance to assist other support teams to troubleshoot/resolve issues with network/storage infrastructure
Proven Experience In :
- Soft Skills
- Experience In at least 5 years of experience with/in Technical Support
- Experience In at least 5 years of experience with/in Help Desk Support Analyst
Industry experience required: Energy
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Calgary, AB, CA
Posted on: 2016-12-07