OverviewFinancial Analyst, RBC Global Asset Management in Toronto, ON
Branch Toronto ON CA
Financial Analyst, RBC Global Asset Management
system Successful completion of the Canadian Securities Course or Mutual Funds Investment Course is an asset 1 – 3 years of experience in investment…
Address: 155 Wellington St. West
Work Hours/Week: 37.5
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: Permanent
Pay Type: Salaried
% Travel Required: 0-25
People Manager: No
Job Posting End Date: 07/21/2014
PURPOSE RBC Global Asset Management (“RBC GAM”) is a North American-based asset manager with global scope and industry-leading management capabilities. RBC GAM group of companies manage CAD $295 billion (US $287B, £189B or €216B) in assets worldwide (as at July 31, 2013). With offices in Canada, the United States, Europe and Asia, RBC GAM provides a comprehensive range of investment solutions and services to both individual and institutional investors.
Reporting to the Senior Financial Analyst, the successful candidate will assist the Senior Financial Analyst, CFO & COO with management and financial reporting. In addition, the Financial Analyst will co-ordinate continuous audit disclosure and tracking of internal audit issues in addition to preparing reports and monitoring investment compliance issues.
As the Financial Analyst the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Monthly reporting and analysis of RBC GAM Assets Under Management to external and internal parties.
- The review and processing of various invoices.
- Monitoring investment compliance issues including administering soft dollar program, budgeting, broker statement reconciliation and management reporting.
- Tracking and reporting of Investment Management revenue and receivables.
- The daily cash management for RBC GAM’s corporate account including processing of wire payments and reconciliations.
- Calculating and preparing invoices for all sub-advisors.
- Providing RBC Finance with accruals and various journal entries for posting
- Calculating fees to internal business partners.
- Issuing Track Coordinator for RBC GAM including follow-up of outstanding issues and update of IAS Issue Track System.
- Maintain control copies of legal, operational, memo of understanding and service level agreements.
- Review and monitor market data feeds and their related costs by department.
- Assist in planning & forecasting expenses
- Assist in special projects to support Sr. Financial Analyst.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS Required:
- Strong PC skills including experience with spreadsheet modeling.
- Strong analytical and good interpersonal skills.
- Flexibility to meet deadlines and be able to accommodate constantly shifting priorities.
- Team player who can also work independently with minimum supervision.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- General understanding of investment and securities industries.
- Basic accounting
- Knowledge of the FMC portfolio management system
- Successful completion of the Canadian Securities Course or Mutual Funds Investment Course is an asset
- 1 – 3 years of experience in investment management business
Diversity in the workplace, one of our shared values, lies at the heart of our rewarding, open, supportive and inclusive work environment. We respect and respond to the many competing and evolving priorities in our lives so you can focus on what you can do best – put clients first.
Interested in finding out more? Click here .
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2014-07-14