OverviewField Facilities Quality Coordinator in Fort McMurray, AB
Branch Fort McMurray AB CA
Field Facilities Quality Coordinator
Fort McMurray, AB
Quality Coordinator your responsibilities will include: • Assists the development of the Project Quality… demonstrated strong Quality Assurance competence…
Fircroft (Canada) Ltd, located at 500 Panarctic Plaza, 815 – 8th Avenue SW, Calgary, AB T2P 3P2, provides specialist personnel to the international oil & gas, petrochemical, power generation and construction industries.
Please note that this is a position with ConocoPhillips Canada. Please note that Canadian citizens and Permanent Residents of Canada will be given priority in consideration for this role.
This is a contract role with our client, ConocoPhillips Canada, with headquarters located at 401 9th avenue SW, Calgary, Alberta T2P 2H7
As a Field Facilities Quality Coordinator your responsibilities will include:
- Assists the development of the Project Quality Management System plans and procedures for the project.
- Controls & monitors the review and approval process of Quality Assurance/Control procedures
- Reviews and advises on the adequacy of contractors & subcontractors QA/QC plans and related project procedures
- Assists in carrying out QA audits and Management System Reviews
- Recommends corrective actions for non conformance and deviations to systems & procedures
- Auditing contractors & sub-contractors conformance to approved systems & procedures
- Develops functional strategies consistent with strategic direction of the Project. Relates and compares data from different sources, disciplines, and functions.
- Monitors daily construction activities to assure required quality is being met.
This is a full time contract position for one year with the possibility of a contract extension.
A daily rate of $800 – $1,300 per day will be extended to the selected candidate. The selected candidate may also be eligible for pay increases.
A rotational schedule of 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off would be worked. The successful candidate would be expected to work a minimum of 12 hours per day.
To apply please contact [email protected] or 403-705-2170
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
- 10+ years experience in major oil/gas, power and petrochemical capital projects in the Oil & Gas petroleum industry.
- Has clearly demonstrated strong Quality Assurance competence
- Experience in management, supervision or other responsible role, including development and implementation of plans and programs. Experience in resolving interface issues.
- Strong preference for technical education or equivalent in industry technical, quality assurance/control experience. Degree is not required.
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
- Analytical/technical skills with a practical approach to problem solving
- Solves routine problems with no supervision. Solves difficult problems within technical discipline with limited supervisory guidance.
- Actively contributes to solutions of multidiscipline problems
- Adapts to significant changes, acquires new skills as needed, and deals with conflicting priorities.
- Interpersonal communication, both written & oral presentation skills
- Organizational skills – able to prioritize responsibilities
- Demonstrates ability to modify techniques, procedures, and approaches to improve solution.
- Capable of developing Project Management system or Project QC strategies.
- Provides sound, well supported and documented recommendations, including alternative solutions. Builds external networks with industry technical peers
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Fort McMurray, AB, CA
Posted on: 2014-09-11