OverviewFederated Co-operatives Limited Regional C-Store Retail Sales Coordinator (Temporary, up to 1 year) Temporary in Winnipeg, MB
Federated Co-operatives Limited
Branch Winnipeg MB CA
Regional C-Store Retail Sales Coordinator (Temporary, up to 1 year)
FCL invites applications for the position of Regional C-Store Retail Sales Coordinator in our office located in Winnipeg, Manitoba….
Federated Co-operatives Limited (FCL) is a diverse business operating in the agriculture, food, energy and home and building sectors. Based in Saskatoon, Sask., FCL is owned by independent retail co-operatives from across Western Canada that are committed to local investment, community mindedness and lifetime membership benefits. FCL is involved in wholesaling and manufacturing, including refined fuels and lubricants. It also provides administrative and marketing support to its member-owners. For more information, visit www.fcl.crs .
The Co-operative Retailing System is a network composed of Federated Co-operatives Limited (FCL) and over 200 independent retail co-operatives that help build, feed and fuel individuals and communities in Western Canada. From Vancouver Island to northwestern Ontario and into the Arctic, retail co-ops serve 1.8 million active members and many more customers at 2,500 locations. FCL centrally supplies and supports these retail co-ops. By working together under the CO-OP® brand, we are all committed to local investment, community mindedness and lifetime membership benefits. For more information, visit www.coopconnection.ca .
FCL invites applications for the position of Regional C-Store Retail Sales Coordinator in our office located in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
The Regional C-Store Retail Sales Coordinator provides support and guidance to approximately 70 C-Stores within the Winnipeg Region in the areas of store standards, operations, facility development and sales. They also provide merchandising and marketing advice to C-stores to assist them in achieving budgeted sales. This position is also responsible for creating, developing and initiating training for C-store employees regarding all operating procedures and processes. The Regional C-Store Retail Sales Coordinator will identify and create management training programs for C-stores as well. Annual travel of 75% is required.
Reporting to the Region Food Marketing Manager, responsibilities for this position include the following:
- Identify retails that require upgrades and work with Region to develop action plans to expedite process. Provide input to Retail Facilities Department on all renovation and new store development layouts for assigned area. This includes co-coordinating and managing, merchandising and image within the convenience store. Responsible for approximately 30 projects each year. Develop small wares listings for C-stores and create initial purchase orders for this equipment and follow up to ensure on time arrival. Co-ordinate and execute critical path meetings with Retails and Region throughout each project. Once store/renovation is complete, conduct post audits on site.
- Complete Convenience Store visitation reviews using predetermined template for assigned 70 retails, to ensure retail standards are maintained. Once completed, develop written action plans to improve program execution/standards and service. Co-ordinate and assist with the implementation of the action plans with the retails and follow up to ensure resolution of issues.
- In collaboration with Manager, create content for, and conduct training clinics based on retail needs. This includes how to use the POS reporting functions and how to deal with possible product recalls. Develop content for the retail portal to communicate region news/updates. Responsible for identifying at least one potential C-Store/Petroleum Manager trainees in assigned region. Create and implement appropriate training and development program for the management candidate and evaluate the candidates’ progress through the program.
- Provide support and co-ordinate “monthly and major promotion” execution. Provide direction and guidance to the retails to ensure promotional and seasonal displays are executed in acceptable and timely manners. This can include verifying that retails have placed orders and have the necessary merchandise and marketing materials for promotions. Work with retails on pricing to ensure margins are being maximized as retails set their own price
- Implementation and hands on execution of C-Store CASM program and realignments. Ensure the retails that are participating are executing plan-o-grams appropriately and identifying retails that are not on CASM but should be. Identify retails not supporting or purchasing from the preferred supplier programs and develop action plans with Retail and Region to correct the situation. Address and monitor Direct Store Delivery supplier issues as directed by retails.
- Follow up and provide merchandising, training and program execution support for beverage programs, all hot food programs and Fresh Transfer program. Identify opportunities for introducing new products to increase the sales of a C-store. Perform “Food Wise” training with all retails currently handling food products and ensure execution.
- Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will have a Bachelor of Commerce Degree and 5-8 years of convenience store management. Marketing and operations knowledge is an asset.
A combination of relevant education and experience may be considered.
FCL offers a competitive salary, ongoing personal and professional development, and the opportunity to work with one of western Canada’s most successful organizations.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Winnipeg, MB, CA
Posted on: 2018-01-10