OverviewFarmers Edge Summer Students – Precision Ag Research Fields Temporary in Yorkton, SK
Branch Yorkton SK CA
Summer Students – Precision Ag Research Fields
Dependent on location, candidates may not need to fulfill the Natural Science and Engineering Research Council (NSERC) of Canada Experience Award Requirements….
Farmers Edge is a global leader in decision agriculture servicing over 20 million acres worldwide with precision digital solutions. Integrating field-centric data, easy-to-use software, state-of-the-art processing technology, predictive modelling, and advanced agronomic analytics, Farmers Edge provides growers with scalable solutions to produce more with less. Using innovative digital agronomic tools, Farmers Edge solutions focus on the sustainable production of high-yielding, high-quality crops and are designed to optimize inputs, minimize environmental impact, and protect economic viability of the farm. From seed selection to yield data analytics, Farmers Edge transforms big data into timely and accurate insights to support informed decision making.
Summer Student Precision Ag Research Fields
Location: Yorkton, SK and surrounding areas.
Term: 3 – 4 months with the possibility of extension
Looking for a summer internship in the Ag industry where you can learn how to be on the cutting edge of precision agriculture? Interns with Farmers Edge will have the opportunity to learn.
- Advanced precision agriculture platforms
- Research setups
- Monitor sensors
- Ag data processing skills
- Field navigating tools and software
- Agronomic knowledge
Duties may include the following:
Visiting agricultural research fields to monitor:
- Crops growth stage
- Crop disease, pests and weeds
- Soil moisture sensors and data loggers
- Soil parameters
Other duties may include:
- Installation and maintenance of field lapse cameras, weather stations, soil moisture sensors, and data loggers
- Plant harvesting and processing
- Data capture using different apps
- Data processing
- Other related activities as needed
Education and Experience:
- Students currently engaged in a BSc study program (min of 2nd year) or recently graduated with a BSc in Agriculture, natural science, or engineering.
- Grade “B” or “B-” or above
- Must be available for 14 to 16 consecutive weeks
- Able to travel throughout region, potentially overnight
- Successful candidates are detail oriented, have a research background and experience with agronomy
- Valid driver’s license with a reasonably clear driving record
Note: Dependent on location, candidates may not need to fulfill the Natural Science and Engineering Research Council (NSERC) of Canada Experience Award Requirements.
Farmers Edge Story: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHhe8QS3bP0
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Yorkton, SK, CA
Posted on: 2018-01-11