OverviewFairmont Hotels & Resorts Assistant Storeperson Part Time in Vancouver, BC
Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
Branch Vancouver BC CA
Prepares a daily food receiving report and assists with the price checking of food prices. Places food orders with suppliers via phone, e-mail or internet….
Primary Location : Canada-Vancouver-The Fairmont Waterfront
Employee Status : Regular
Join the Fairmont Waterfront as Assistant Storeperson, you will be responsible for maintaining the high standard of quality for receiving and maintaining supplies for our hotel.
Hotel Overview: Fairmont Waterfront provides relaxed luxury on the West Coast coupled with a world-class Vancouver experience. Indulge in an urban retreat with elegant accommodation, state-of-the-art meeting facilities and breathtaking harbour views complete with warm and welcoming service. Guests can enjoy simple, fresh, local and handcrafted artisan food in ARC, then visit our celebrated rooftop garden and honeybee apiary to discover where we source our fresh herbs and honey from.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Purchasing & Receiving Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Receives, checks quality/quantity and proper storing of deliveries as per company standards
- Checks and assesses the departmental orders before issuing supplies to departments
- Assists the Head Storekeeper in maintaining minimum par levels on food items based on hotel occupancy and banquet events
- Places food orders with suppliers via phone, e-mail or internet
- Works with the receiver to follow up on back orders and partial shipments, ensuring goods are received on scheduled delivery dates
- Prepares a daily food receiving report and assists with the price checking of food prices
- Assists with month end inventory by accurately entering the food and beverage counts in the spreadsheets and doing inventory if needed
- Receives and logs guest parcels / convention materials ensuring that the departments concerned are notified
- Keeps a log of all materials that are sent out for recycling
- Sweeps and mops dry stores and liquor room ensuring a safe, clean, and organized work place
- Organizes the dry stores area
- Can act for the Receiver and or Head Store person in his / her absence
- Assists in the Accounting department as needed
- Previous experience in hotel Stores, Accounting or Food & Beverage is an asset
- Excellent attention to detail with very strong communication and organization skills
- Has a good working knowledge of Microsoft PC applications especially Excel, Word, and Outlook applications
- Must be able to perform continuous heavy lifting
- Previously demonstrated ability to work safely
- Ability to meet deadlines in a demanding, exacting environment
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs
- Frequent walking, bending, kneeling, pushing, pulling, and lifting
- Frequent ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. Thatâ€™s why you’ll find exceptional work opportunities throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacificâ€”as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like Londonâ€™s The Savoy, New Yorkâ€™s The Plaza, and Shanghaiâ€™s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. Our Sustainability Partnership program represents our ever-expanding commitment to being a responsible business and to following the principles of sustainability across our operations, the world over. An exciting future awaits!
Job Level : Colleague
Schedule : Part-time
Shift : Day Job
Travel : No
Closing Date : 04.Oct.2016, 1:59:00 AM
Job Number: WFC00552
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Vancouver, BC, CA
Posted on: 2016-09-21